INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how to select audio stream in MP4  (Read 3868 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
how to select audio stream in MP4
« on: February 02, 2009, 01:59:01 am »

This is probably a stupid question but I'm stumped.

I ripped a dvd to h264 with an MP4 container. I included 2 AAC audio streams in the rip.

When I play the video with MC, both audio streams play simultaneously and I cannot figure out how to turn off the director's comments stream. I thought I did this via ffdshow audio decoder configuration, but it appears MC is not using ffdshow. I could of sworn it used to, so wondering if something changed.

I did confirm I can choose the audio streams with BSPlayer which is my standalone player.

Thanks for your help.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: how to select audio stream in MP4
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 09:56:15 am »

Make sure you set mp4 to be played in JRiver video engine (using DirectShow), and you select Haali Media Splitter.

Two ways to select streams:

1. Right-click menu "Stream Selection";

2. OSD menu (up or down arrow, then left or right arrow).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rjm

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:41:37 am »

That partially works.

Note that I also included subtitles in the rip.

Everytime I play the file in MC I get the error "A decoder for the new track could not be found. Track type: VobSub". If I ignore this error it plays fine and I can select the audio streams. However the subtitles do not work. I am wondering if the error is caused by the subtitles?

The subtitles turn on and off fine in BSPlayer.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:00:50 am »

Is VSFilter (a.k.a DirectVobSub) installed and configured properly? It is part of CCCP installation.  While you play the file in MC, is VSFilter loaded in the graph?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 12:08:39 pm »

Does this work for MKVs as well, yet?  I hadn't been trying it but if it does and I missed it.... I guess I'll just be pleased.   ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 01:09:29 pm »

Stream selection (audio and subtitle) of both mp4 and mkv should work.  The feature was added in MC12.

Chapter selection feature is not in yet.  I can not figure out what interface is used by Haali Media Splitter for chapters.

rjm

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 02:19:30 pm »

Is VSFilter (a.k.a DirectVobSub) installed and configured properly? It is part of CCCP installation.  While you play the file in MC, is VSFilter loaded in the graph?

I have cccp installed.

While playing video, I copied graph to clipboard and inspected. No sign of VSFilter or DirectVobSub in report.

I then went into filters and added DirectVobSub to Other Filters.

Now the subtitles work correctly and I don't get the startup error.

However, subtitle state does not seem to persist. They always default on regardless if the last used setting was off.

1) Did I fix it correctly?
2) How can I set subtitles to default off?

Thanks.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 03:20:29 pm »

However, subtitle state does not seem to persist. They always default on regardless if the last used setting was off.

It appears to be a bug.  I will try fixing it.
The selection is saved in DB on per-file basis.  Some how they are not saved correctly.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 03:24:17 pm »

Thanks. I assume you approve of my DirectVobSub fix? I have no idea what I'm doing, just know it worked.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:06:40 pm »

Thanks. I assume you approve of my DirectVobSub fix? I have no idea what I'm doing, just know it worked.

Adding the filter in the filter selection is fine.  It works for me.  I am a little puzzled though why the Auto-load version of the filter was not loaded

rjm

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 06:27:18 pm »

The auto-loading version was not selected in "Other Filters". I wonder if that it explains it.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 09:19:27 am »

The auto-loading version was not selected in "Other Filters". I wonder if that it explains it.

No.  Auto-loading version is supposed to auto-load.  There is no need to select it in the application.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 12:08:34 pm »

Yaobing, have you read my posts about the subtitle stream selection being unintuitive?

All other options in the OSD use left/right to switch between values. But with subtitles you have to move up/down to switch values, and then press left/right to set them. This is really inconsistent and needs to be improved. Hope it isnt too difficult. I guess that audio streams need the same fix.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 12:09:55 pm »

Stream selection (audio and subtitle) of both mp4 and mkv should work.  The feature was added in MC12.

Chapter selection feature is not in yet.  I can not figure out what interface is used by Haali Media Splitter for chapters.

I must have hit my head or something... I knew it worked for MP4s (I use it for that) but for some reason I thought MKVs didn't get the same love.  Since the vast majority of my files are MKV instead of MP4 (due to AC3 not being supported by the MP4 container), I needed MKV support.

2) How can I set subtitles to default off?

This is a setting in VSFilter.  First, do this:

1. Go to the CCCP Settings application, page 2.
2. Enable "Autoload VSFilter (WMP & MC Support)"
3. Click Apply.

That is the proper way to get VSFilter to always autoload when a subtitle stream is detected.  CCCP does not do this by default because both of the included players (Zoom and MPC-HC) include built-in subtitle stream handling and don't need VSFilter.

Secondly, to configure VSFilter to load but be OFF by default (only showing subs when you request them, rather than the other way around), do this:

1. Open the VSFilter Configuration Utility under Start --> All Programs --> CCCP --> Filters
2. Switch to the Misc tab.
3. Check the Hide Subtitles checkbox.

Now, VSFilter will load when Subtitle streams are included in the playing file, but no subs will be rendered unless you go into the Task Tray icon and manually enable them.

EDIT: Please note: Setting these options works perfectly, but will cause your Taskbar to flicker at the bottom of the screen when Thumbnails are being built in the background process.  This is the only way to effectively use Subtitles with MC, though.

Yet another reason why thumbnail generation should be suspended when full screen playback is active.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

rjm

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 12:49:31 pm »

Thanks Glynor, must be nice to know everything. :)

raistlin2k

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 02:18:37 am »

Perhaps looking at the source of media player classic could help here?
Guess it can handle the chapter information of haali splitter when disabling the internal MKV splitter.
The source of MPC is available at Sourceforge.

MKV chapters for MC would be just awesome!
Thanks
Raist

Stimpco

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2009, 03:11:49 pm »

Seconded, MKV Chapter support would, in fact, be awesome!  -Thomas

maid

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2009, 10:20:39 pm »

Hi There,

I am trying to follow this one but I do not understand where to change the audio.

Just that I had a file with bad audio and I was told to change it but I did not know where to start.

Cheers
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up