INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with "Jump To" letters: A B C D E ....  (Read 1150 times)

gt93grad

• World Citizen
Help with "Jump To" letters: A B C D E ....
« on: February 02, 2009, 02:18:25 pm »

My sort is now set up based on a custom field called "Artist Sort" so that I can sort by last name like Daniels, Charlie and Charles, Ray.  However, the "jump to" feature seems to look at the Artist field still.  So, when I click on "R", it stops at Ray Charles.  How can I tell the Jump To to look at my Artist Sort field?

221bBS

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Help with "Jump To" letters: A B C D E ....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 08:08:24 pm »

Are you talking about the panes? If so try right clicking the title of the pane you want to change and pick "Edit" There should be a list of field on the right of the pop-up box. Pick the "Artist Sort" field and click "OK"

gt93grad

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 09:15:04 am »

I'm not sure what you mean by "panes".  If I'm looking at a view of my CD covers, right above them is row that says "A B C D E F G H..." all the way to Z.  I can click a letter to jump to that letter in my collection.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:14 pm »

I assume you are viewing in "tiles" (or "category thumbnails") mode, like this:

Assuming that is true, the way it works is this:  The Alphabet shown will always correspond to the Tiles (category thumbnails) that are shown, and has nothing to do with anything you "sort" by.

So, to change what the Alphabet "links" to, you need to change the category used in the view.  To do this, right click on the View Scheme in the Tree and choose "Customize View".  Then in the "Show Categories in this Order" section, remove the "Artist" category (or Album Artist (auto) if that's what's there) and replace it with your special Artist Sort field.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up