INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to group TV shows  (Read 1101 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Is there a way to group TV shows
« on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:49 pm »

I have a few very top level categories for DVDs including Movies & Television, in addition to several other ones.  I recently added grouping (A-B, etc.) once you choose a category.  So movies allow you to pick a group first.

The problem is that previously, I was using a file location view scheme that allowed fine tune control by moving files around on the server.  This way, I was able to create a theater view item for each show.  With the new system, I have to pick a letter and then I see all related TV shows -- and all discs -- on the same screen.  I like picking a show, then season, then the disc from a smaller 3 - 7 disc list.

Is there an expression I could add to the view scheme that would combine all items that are the same, ignoring after a parenthesis, "("?  This seems easier than sorting for "1.1" ... imagine:

My Television Show 1.1
My Television Show 1.2
My Television Show 1.3

My Television Show 2.1
My Television Show 2.2

Or under movies, I use "(Disc 1)" or "(Disc 2)" and, just as MC skips the Album view scheme item if only one exists, MC should skip this expression I'm asking for if only one exists.  Does this make sense?  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up