INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What mp3 player is the best??  (Read 968 times)

SBrandsborg aka Mouseman

• Galactic Citizen
What mp3 player is the best??
« on: July 19, 2002, 08:29:57 pm »

Hey im thinking about buy a mp3 player (handheld) but with one is good??
~SBrandsborg (Mouseman)
E-Mail: steffen@sbrandsborg.dk

Dave

RE:What mp3 player is the best??
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2002, 06:22:59 am »

Depending on what memory size you might be looking for, I'd go with the Bantam BA-350. 128 MB internal memory and I added a 128 MB MM Card.
Sounds great, gets loud enough and accepts MM cards for expansion, supports WMA files and file transfer is a breeze.
I've owned 3 players previous to Bantam's and I found they have the best sounding player out there. Also comes with different colored faceplates, player is as small as a credit card, car cassette adapter.
Info can be found at www.bantamusa.com.
And of course with any player you buy, purchase a separate set of better quality ear/headphones. You won't realize good sound with the ones that come packaged with player.
If your looking for larger capacity (and bulkiness), get one of the new ones that have a hard drive in them. Be prepared to pay a lot more though.

Galley

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2002, 08:08:03 am »

cjdshaw

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2002, 09:41:51 am »

If you can afford it, the iPod is a lovely bit of kit. I haven't tried the new 'PC compatible' version, but I used one with XPlay with no problems.

Harry|PLS|The|PLS|Hipster

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2002, 10:37:31 am »

By all means, stay away from the Rio Riot/20G HD. Not that there's anything wrong with the unit itself - at least as far as I can tell. the big problem is that it only supports Real One for downloading files.

I won't spoil your week-end or mine by recounting how unpleasant and unproductive it is to work with that bit of baggage. Suffice it to say I'm giving the unit to my son, rather than waste more time and aggro trying to figure out how to get the beast to respond. He's more patient than I, and more important, he's lots younger - he may need all of those extra years to figure out how he'll get it to respond.

I've emailed SonicBlue urging them to develop a plugin for MJ. Good luck, eh?

HTH

Listening to: 'Out of My Continental Mind' from 'Off Beat' by 'Claire Martin' on Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up