INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bugs with external encoder when sending to device  (Read 1194 times)

Ingo

• Galactic Citizen
Bugs with external encoder when sending to device
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:26:01 am »

Hi everyone,

I've just tried to setup my external device (just a networked folder for testing) to use an external encoder for encoding to m4a.
This more or less works, but has some problems:

• folder.jpg is missing even though "Save cover art to 'Folder.jpg' file" is ticked
  • using an UNC-path for conversion cache stack location (custom) leads to a message that the cache device is full, no converted files are cached, no folders in cache are created even though there are quite a few GB left on the network folder.
  • using a mapped network drive (the same folder as above, mapped as X:\) as conversion cache:
    transfer and caching work fine for the first transfer of a (mp3-)file (apart from that folder.jpg issue above).
    Any subsequent transfer leads to the original mp3-files to be transfered (interestingly the older.jpg file is transfered then).
    Manually removing the transfered files and rebuilding the database or after the file from the device using MC13s device details lead to exactly the same problem.
    It doesn't matter if MC13 is restarted or not.

All this was done using
with the following settings:
  • C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe
  • -infile=%IN -outfile=%OUT -convert_to="m4a Nero (AAC)" -cli_encoder="C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\encoder\m4a Nero (AAC)\neroAacEnc.exe" -cli_cmd="-q .35 -ignorelength -if - -of {qt}[outfile]{qt}" -priority="low" -errorfile=c:\mc13converr.log
  • m4a

Apart from these issues (and the still missing native m4a-support): Congratulations to the newest release of probably the best media management software for Windows.

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bugs with external encoder when sending to device
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 11:01:43 am »

Great post!

I can confirm this:

folder.jpg is missing even though "Save cover art to 'Folder.jpg' file" is ticked

that happen only when options set to "external encoder" and is not a problem when using lame mp3.
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish
Pages: [1]   Go Up