INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: opening slowly  (Read 888 times)

nobodyIII

opening slowly
« on: February 08, 2009, 03:06:43 am »

whenever i open an AV file there is a screen that says 'opening' and it takes about 20 seconds before the file starts playing. does anyone know how to correct this?

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: opening slowly
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 12:34:49 pm »

The main issue here is that any file is added to MC's database before it's played. (This is even if you don't import it into the library)
Firstly, try installing the latest build- Changes were made in build .117 which should have speeded this process up somewhat :)
Other than that, we really need more system/ file information before giving any more detailed advice.

(For example, the file size & type and your installed codecs and many other factors all affect how long it takes to get from click to play)

Cheers

-Leezer-

nobodyIII

Re: opening slowly
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:01 pm »

this problem occurs with any AV files. but if i open any of the same files with VLC player it opens instantly. when i first installed media player 13 there was an error message about "interface plug-in 'playing now' could not be found" so I downloaded the 'playing now plug-in' but it didn't change anything. BTW i use XP and avast security
Pages: [1]   Go Up