INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm missing Group By  (Read 812 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
I'm missing Group By
« on: February 09, 2009, 07:43:05 am »

Most of the time I use the Artists view and the drill into their Albums. I really like Grouping by Album but there are those times that I want to see every song for an artist without the group. The first time I encountered this, it was editing the view scheme (oh, remember to unlock the view first if it's locked), select Bottom, and then set Group By to None. The fastest way I can find to do this is to save the entire view but that still means selecting Customize View - Load View - find the right view you want. It was a lot easier in the "old" days to just right-click and select from the Group By sub-menu.

But speaking of Loading and Saving views, the same problem exists with the Presets that has been there for years. No checking or displaying of current views/presets is done so you can find that your View name is not already present. When I saved my first view, I saw a change I wanted, went to save it again and I just wanted to overwrite the existing view. I didn't pay attention to the default Filename that it provided previously because all I cared about was the Name and Description. Clicking Browse for the filename shows me my library backup folder, not the folder listed in the box for the saved views. Hence I ended up saving 2 views with the same name. Now I have to go figure out what the name of the old view is because there is no delete option and the filename is not shown when showing the Load Views. Hopefully I'll find the right one via Windows Explorer and delete it there. Maybe a right-click on the view in Load Views could show the filename?
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up