INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've just been introduced to Media Jukebox ....  (Read 1044 times)

Jolly Molly

I've just been introduced to Media Jukebox ....
« on: July 19, 2002, 02:18:09 pm »

and I LOVE it!
BUT ... PLEASE can anyone    me?

I have downloaded tracks and would now like to add lyrics and some notes on composers and artists. What web site would you suggest for any of these please?  

Thanks

Molly  

sdcoochie

RE:I've just been introduced to Media Jukebox ....
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 02:25:10 pm »

Congrats on becoming a MJ user you have chosen wisely. One of the best sites for artist info is ALL Music Guide or allmusic.com you can also try UBL.com which is Ultimate Band List another good resource. Have fun with MJ it really is the best all-in-one out there and I have tried them all.

sdcoochie

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 02:27:16 pm »

You can also just use the Artist info button

shelly

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2002, 02:38:44 pm »

Hi Molly,

I bet you'll love it even more as you discover all that it can do.  I think that AMG has outstanding information on artists and albums.   I generally copy the album reviews into the Notes field in Properties.  There's some easy ways to access AMG.  With a song highlighted in Media Library or Playlist views, select Playing Now in the Tree.  You'll find ArtistInfo, which when clicked will open a window within MJ to the AMG website.  If you add the ArtistInfo button to your toolbar, AMG will open in a separate window.

More to come....

Shelly

shelly

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 02:51:20 pm »

Molly,

Under Playing Now you will also see Find CD, which will open up to various commercial websites and display information about the specific CD.  

You might also want to check out Gracenotes.com for track listings.  

I'm not familiar with any sites that have a database of lyrics.  You can try doing a forum search to see if anyone has posted a good site for obtaining lyrics.  

Shelly

sekim

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2002, 03:07:07 pm »

For lyrics do a search on Google for 'music lyrics'. Some sites are not bad but may have a million pop-ups try and distract you. Once you get a site that has what you want, you can select and do the right click - copy and paste thing into your file.

Jolly|PLS|Molly

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2002, 04:27:19 pm »

Thanks to sdcoochie, Shelly and MachineHead for the info.  Good to know where to get answers!  I had a look at AMG and UBL - both useful sites thanks!

I can hardly believe that it is 1.30 a.m. and I am still up downloading and listening to music (I USED to be in bed by 10.30p.m.!  )  MJ is not a bad addiction 'though!

Thanks again!

Molly

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2002, 04:57:37 pm »

Jolly Molly,

Welcome to the MJ community.  And wait until you decide to start categorizing and creating smartlists with all those songs you are downloading.  I was up until 3 or 4 for LOTS of nights!  MJ is very addictive.  So is this board, as you will no doubt find out!
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

shelly

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2002, 05:07:23 pm »

Lise,

It's comforting to know that I'm not alone in my obsession.  I thought I was finished with my major projects until you posted the idea about pasting AMG styles into the Comments field.  You gave me another reason to stay up half the night!

Shelly

JollyJim

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2002, 08:51:39 pm »

Hiya JollyMolly - I like the name -maybe we should get together....

www.ntl.matrix.com.br/pfilho/summer.html
weird name but it'll take you to the number one and top 40 hits from 1930 something to date and has the lyrics also - nice site. A good idea is to try to get all the number ones for a chosen year and compile it under a playlist.

www.risa.co.uk/sla/
for lyrics

www.lyrics.com/
for lyrics and cover art and dates

I know what you mean about MJ being addictive - I've just been on the phone most of the night whilst driving my truck, helping someone new to MJ starting up. Your main problem though is that you're going to bed too early. MJ'ists stay up all night till the job is done. C'mon Molly, get a grip !!!!

Jim

JollyMolly

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2002, 02:58:27 am »

Thanks for the welcome Lise ... I CANNOT imagine staying up 'til 3 or 4 in the morning 'though, if the way I feel this morning is anything to go by! I've already started categorising and setting up playlists!  Is there NO end to what MJ is capable of doing?  
Thanks for the tips Jim - GOTTA GRIP NOW thanks! - just been checking out the sites.  I particularly like the ntl matrix one:    it's easy to follow and I've been cutting and pasting into a word document so that I can use the lyrics as and when I need them. JOLLY good stuff eh? Strange that, cos I was on the phone to a Trucker last night and HE was helping ME start up MJ!!  

Molly          

JollyJim

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2002, 03:54:56 am »

Hiya Moll

This is too much of a coincidence but you can see how MJ gets people together....

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up