INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display error for sort order of last played tracks (a-z)  (Read 1323 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Display error for sort order of last played tracks (a-z)
« on: February 11, 2009, 12:33:31 pm »

I like to use view schemes in which I sort tracks by the date they were last played.

I limit the number of songs to 10 hours. With this setting songs songs I didn't play for a long time are played at first. But:
songs I've never played don't appear in such a list.

Without limitations of tracks I can see that the sort order is:
   old songs => new songs => songs never played.
The correct order would be:
   songs never played => old songs => new songs

This problems only exists if I sort by last played (a-z)! Sorting by last played (z-a) works correct.

By the way, there are two places I can define the sort order. In the left section of the view scheme adjustment dialog I can define the sorting, also in the right section (set rules for file display). Which sort command is stronger in case they are set both but with different sort orders?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display error for sort order of last played tracks (a-z)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 12:45:13 pm »

could it be that you set sort empty strings last in options>tree & View> sorting.
there was a bug in this a while back, that i reported. never checked if it came through.

:)
gab

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 07:11:54 am »

could it be that you set sort empty strings last in options>tree & View> sorting.
gab

Thanks - that helps! It's true, I ticked that option. Anyway, I think it never makes sense to link the date sorting with that option. I haven't checked yet, but I assume this will raise side effects in other schemes on non-date fields where I set that option intentionally.

Also, it works fine for sorting dates from z-a - only the other way round it's wrong. I think this should be changed to make it consistent.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 08:07:48 am »

Thanks - that helps! It's true, I ticked that option. Anyway, I think it never makes sense to link the date sorting with that option. I haven't checked yet, but I assume this will raise side effects in other schemes on non-date fields where I set that option intentionally.

Also, it works fine for sorting dates from z-a - only the other way round it's wrong. I think this should be changed to make it consistent.

With that option ticked, empty values should be last regardless of the sort order.  This way, empty values don't show at the top of "Newest Albums" or "Albums Chronologically" views.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 08:50:24 am »

the problem i have is that it does not work anymore for panes. the unassigned is always at the end of the list. not really a problem, but inconvenient when tagging. for instance: when i want to add a bunch of keywords, i click on new keyword at the bottom of the list, enter the keyword, and an other etc. sometimes it can take up to a second to refresh the list, pushing the unassigned and the new keyword one down. several times it happened when i was just hitting for the new keyword, but ending up to hit unassigned. destroying all the thing i just added for those files. i thought it was a bug. but maybe its not..

gab

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 08:32:41 am »

With that option ticked, empty values should be last regardless of the sort order.  This way, empty values don't show at the top of "Newest Albums" or "Albums Chronologically" views.
I assumed something like that. This means, that option should have no impact on the sort result. I hope you agree then that the behaviour for that field "last played" (a-z) is incorrect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up