INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WPL files not importing  (Read 1708 times)

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
WPL files not importing
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:00:51 pm »

Greetings

WMP .wpl playlist files are not getting picked up.

Under auto import options I have this playlist type wpl checked off.
Under options file types WPL is "Yes"....however this does not stay as Yes.  When I shut down MC and restart it the file association is always reset back to "No". I've had to redo this file association several times.

When I run auto import it J River does not find the playlists.
When I try a manual "Import Playlist" and select a wpl file it does not showup anywhere.

Am I missing something here?

Playlists are all in a folder "Playlists" in the same folder hiearchy as the music folders so I would think it should find them. ? ?

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: WPL files not importing
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 11:54:28 am »

After searching all over what I see it that the WMP playlist format (wpl) is being imported under "Documents->File Type-> Unassigned". When I click on it MC does not know what to do with the playlist. So MC is definately not importing WMP playlists properly and will not play them back.

On anther note what I have also found is if I import a "m3u" playlist manually with MC and then delete the playlist from inside MC the playlist file does not actually get deleted. I would think this should NOT be the case....if you delete a playlist the file should be deleted.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 02:13:26 pm »

You're right.  It wasn't working with import nicely. (but File > Import Playlist... will work)

This will be fixed in the next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kevind

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 03:34:11 pm »

You're right.  It wasn't working with import nicely. (but File > Import Playlist... will work)

This will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks. I tried the File Import Playlist and it does not work on my system. The WMP Playlists show up under Documents Unkown. When I click on the playlist under Documents Unkown nothing happens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up