INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding an album from a pane plays back but not in track order  (Read 1350 times)

MartinH

• Junior Woodchuck
Adding an album from a pane plays back but not in track order
« on: February 11, 2009, 01:05:58 pm »

I just wanted to check if there's something I've missed or if there's an issue with the current build of MC13 (13.0.119). 

In a 'Panes and Details' view choosing to play an album directly from a pane (i.e. double click on the name of the album in the album pane instead of choosing it and then selecting the tracks in the details window below) adds the album to Playing Now but not in the correct order - the tracks are sorted and play back in the order 1, 10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4...

Other view types such as Album Thumbnails work ok.  I tried setting up a new panes and details view from scratch just in case there's a setting I've missed but to no avail.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Adding an album from a pane plays back but not in track order
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 01:33:23 pm »

Is shuffle on?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 01:57:59 pm »

I'm not able to reproduce this either.

Double-check the "Disc #" field, and make sure the "Album Artist (auto)" is the same for all the files in the album.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 02:25:39 pm »

make sure that in customize view the bottom part, the sorting is set to default, not custom...

:)
gab

MartinH

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 05:31:03 pm »

Thanks for the responses.  It's doing it consistently across all of my albums (FLACs and MP3s).  I've attached a couple of screenshots to try and illustrate that the tags and view settings are fine and in case there's something glaringly obvious I've still missed.

Looking at this screenshot: If I choose to Add to Playing Now or double click the album name in the right hand pane it behaves as I've said (second screenshot).  If I double click the first track in the details below, all tracks of the album are added and in the order they should be.

There's no shuffle, no disc # field and album artist (auto) is fine.  Sort inside groups is set to (Default) for the view.

EDIT: I've just noticed that it seems to be after setting the "Sort Inside Groups By" to (Default), which sets the sorting to as you see with Album as #2 and Track as #4 in the sort order.  So it can be worked around but seems a little weird for default behaviour.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 05:48:15 pm »

EDIT: I've just noticed that it seems to be after setting the "Sort Inside Groups By" to (Default), which sets the sorting to as you see with Album as #2 and Track as #4 in the sort order.  So it can be worked around but seems a little weird for default behaviour.
just out of interest, are you using a newly set up library, or is it converted from version 12 or 11. ive been noticing the same. but not always, and could not realy pin it down except the behaviour you were seeing, and that it should be default, not custom, indeed in the sort inside groups (im sorry, was not really complete).

MartinH

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 02:39:00 am »

It's a new library.  I've also installed MC on my work laptop and can't reproduce the problem so if I find out what it is I'll report back.

scharby

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:36:44 pm »

I've also upgraded from v12 and I'm experiencing same this issue.  The v12 default behavior when you added a disc to Playing Now was for it to be in track # order.  I've yet to figure out a work around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up