INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting Timeshifting File Location  (Read 1230 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Setting Timeshifting File Location
« on: February 14, 2009, 07:20:02 pm »

Curently MC stores the timeshifting files under the Tv Recordings directory set in TV options.

For me I'd like to have the timeshifting files in a different location as I want to store my TV recordings on my NAS so all machines can access them.

Is there a way of setting MC to store the timeshifting files on a local disk and have the TV recordings saved to a different drive/network drive?

Cheers
Richard

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Setting Timeshifting File Location
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 07:26:40 pm »

In Standard View.

Drives & Devices > Television > Configure

You can change the TV Recordings location in one of those menu's. (Not in front of my HTPC ATM, so don't remember exactly which one it is). 

EDIT: Apologies, misread the question...

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »

Nope, the location is one for all. It used to be seperate I think but not anymore. I can understand your need for individual folder locations.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 09:55:37 pm »

Yes, we tried to use two locations briefly.  It turned out to be impossible to use two locations as we have actually been blurring the difference between recording and time-shifting.  For example, you have been time-shifting for a while when a recording is started, we will have to just use the time-shifting files for your recording.  Otherwise the transition would not be seamless - we would have to stop time-shifting, and start a new session for recording.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 06:02:40 am »

Yes, we tried to use two locations briefly.  It turned out to be impossible to use two locations as we have actually been blurring the difference between recording and time-shifting.  For example, you have been time-shifting for a while when a recording is started, we will have to just use the time-shifting files for your recording.  Otherwise the transition would not be seamless - we would have to stop time-shifting, and start a new session for recording.

Thought that might be the case. 

That's fine I'll try to find a utility that can monitor the folder and move the files once the recording has finished, I know I've seen ine somewhere before.

Cheers
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up