INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mixing TV sources and playing Blu-Ray  (Read 1119 times)

wavemachine

Mixing TV sources and playing Blu-Ray
« on: February 15, 2009, 01:55:50 pm »

Hi,

Just stumpled across this, I use a Vista MCE machine at the moment that is equipped with a Haupage NoveT-500 dual Tuner card and a Compro Videomate Satalite card.

Currently I recieve all the Terrestial DVB-T channels through MCE and use DVB Viewer to watch hi def Satelite chanels.

I would like to be able to have all terrestrial and selected Satelite chanels through one TV guide, what I am asking is can you mix multiple TV Sources in one guide (including hi def).

I use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre for BluRay feed back which integrates quite nicely with MCE is it possible to launch this from Media Center 13.

Final questions what are the minimum system requirements and does it support the MCE remote.

I know I can dowload an evaluation version but I do not want to risk commiting something to the main MCE machine until I am sure it wil do what I want it to do plus I have spent all day looking at Media Portal so the wife is not too happy.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Mixing TV sources and playing Blu-Ray
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 10:05:56 am »

Welcome to Interact.

I would like to be able to have all terrestrial and selected Satelite chanels through one TV guide, what I am asking is can you mix multiple TV Sources in one guide (including hi def).

We support XMLTV and MC2XML for loading programming guides.  You can mix and match or use multiple XMLTV sources.

I use ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre for BluRay feed back which integrates quite nicely with MCE is it possible to launch this from Media Center 13.

You can configure Theater View to launch external applications.

Final questions what are the minimum system requirements and does it support the MCE remote.

Media Center is very resource conservative, but of course some high-definition playback takes muscle.  An MCE remote works.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Mixing TV sources and playing Blu-Ray
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:18 am »

We do not yet support satellite channels.  You can mix DVB-T/ATSC and analog Cable/Antenna, and SVideo/Composite inputs.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up