INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrading 12 to 13, please help with 2 phobias  (Read 900 times)

matanoosh

• Recent member
upgrading 12 to 13, please help with 2 phobias
« on: February 20, 2009, 02:35:24 pm »

Hello everyone.
I'm considering finally upgrading the MC12 to MC13. Alas, last time I tried that, I suffered substantial mental trauma caused by two issues, which made me go back to 12 instantly:

1. I could not use direct Disk Location access in Theater Mode. No matter how much i tried, I couldn't get it to work. Only way was to access folders is in the regular mode (Ctrl+1). Can anyone

2. I am constantly changing my music folder - adding, removing and changing subfolders inside. This creates a situation where I have to always use the  "Import Files" tool. However, in MC12 it's not perfect. Quite often the new files are not included and files/folders which do not exist anymore, are not removed from the library. Does MC13 handle this better? Or alternatively, make it easier for the user to manually remove library items? I was not able to find a way to browse through the library, Disk-Location wise, and add/remove folders. Is it possible?

I appreciate any help in this matter, since I enjoy MC12 very much but feel it is not perfect and would love to upgrade to the MC13 if it can accommodate my needs.

Thanks everyone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: upgrading 12 to 13, please help with 2 phobias
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 02:53:08 pm »

If you move your files within MC, it will update the library.  Use Drives and Devices in Standard View.  You can also choose Tools/Run Auto Import to force an immediate update of anything done outside MC.

You can customize Theater View.  Please try this thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up