INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HH syncing, stack cache, oddities, and long delays  (Read 979 times)

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
HH syncing, stack cache, oddities, and long delays
« on: February 20, 2009, 10:18:43 pm »

I'm having some trouble trying to do what seems like it should be relatively simple.  Here's my goal:

Create a cache of mp3 files on an external drive that mirror my flac files, so that later I can select any subset of the mp3 files to sync to a handheld (iPod Touch).

I've defined a virtual handheld, and enabled caching via a stack.  When I select the Handheld under Devices and Drives, it goes through a full 4 minute analyzing process analyzing 14770 files where MC is totally unusable.  I can tolerate this once.

Now, I want to send a playlist to the (virtual) handheld.  I select the files in the playlist, and drag them onto the Drag Files Here icon.  Nothing happens; it still shows 14770 files to be synced.  It appears my drag does not replace the current list, so I suspect I have to delete the current sync list.  So I delete the sync list, and drag the files that I want to sync, and then I can do the sync.

Now, after the sync is complete, it starts that darned analyzing process all over again, locking up MC for another 4 minutes!  When it ends, I get a list of files "In Queue".

Now I want to sync another playlist.  So once again, I select all of the sync list again, and delete.  All files are deleted except the files that were just synced previously, which are re-analyzed and then labeled as "In Queue".   This doesn't make sense.  So I select those files too, and delete, and now they are gone.  And now I can sync another playlist, starting again from the steps above.

This process is WAY too cumbersome, time consuming, and not very intuitive.  Surely there must be a better way, or I'm doing something very wrong?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up