INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod 160Gb 6th Generation not recognized by MC13  (Read 2898 times)

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
iPod 160Gb 6th Generation not recognized by MC13
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:02:23 am »

I am connecting an iPod Classic 6th generation 160gb to my new HP Pavilion dv7-1247d entertainment notebook.  I hear a sound like the USB drive is connecting, but no windows or messages pop-up in MC13 regarding a handheld connection.  When I click sync handheld in the action box it says "No Handheld Available".  I go tools>options>redetect all devices OR add devices but it doesn't see the ipod drive.  I notice the iPod drive isn't listed in the computer drives.  I had earlier had newest version of iTunes and the iPod sync'd fine.  Then I uninstalled iTunes and all apple programs. 

Do I need an add-on?  How do I get the MC13 to recognize my iPod?

Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod 160Gb 6th Generation not recognized by MC13
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 07:00:05 am »

It needs to show up in Windows Explorer or it won't work with MC.

Reboot.  Try a different USB port.  Try a different cable.

sbpyper

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 10:07:25 am »

So are you saying that even without using iTunes, the iPod is supposed to show up as an additional storage media drive in Windows Explorer?  In other words, it doesn't need any software or drivers to show up?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 04:22:49 am »

So are you saying that even without using iTunes, the iPod is supposed to show up as an additional storage media drive in Windows Explorer?  In other words, it doesn't need any software or drivers to show up?

As far as I know, ipods should always show up as a drive letter in windows without doing anything "special."  If you plug in an iPod and the system does not see it at all, something is amiss.  After you plug it in and you hear the "USB connecting" sound, can you find ANY indication of the iPod in the Device Manager?

Larry
Pages: [1]   Go Up