INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Probably solved: DirectShow Video issues MC12 v MC13  (Read 2461 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Probably solved: DirectShow Video issues MC12 v MC13
« on: February 22, 2009, 01:16:41 pm »

Using the same selected filters on the same video file, I can access DirectVobSub in MC12, but not in MC13. That means I can see subtitles in MC12 but not in MC13. For now, I have to watch mkv files that have subtitles either embedded or as separate files in MC12, which is not the best solution. I spent a long time getting my filters the way I wanted them for MC12 and other directshow apps. I don't want to change these as it appears that it's MC13 that has introduced these issues. COmpare MC13 to MC12: See the selected filters and the ones that appear to be used.

MC13

MC12

)p(

Re: DirectShow Video issues MC12 v MC13
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:23:35 pm »

Ffdshow has also a good subtitle filter maybe you can give that one a try. It works with mc13 for me.

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:17:20 pm »

Thanks Peter. I actually do have it in my filter list, but for some reason it's not used in MC13, but is in MC12. It can be seen as one of my designated filters in the screenshots I took. Both MC12 and MC13 have the same filters, (yes even the renderer, although it was different when I took the screenshots), but MC12 uses them as directed, but MC13 does not.

)p(

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 12:25:58 am »

If the ffdshow sub filter does not work directly you can try to select the ffdshow video processor and in its config only select the subtitle option. That's how I have it setup for dvd's because I also use ffdshows resize (lanczos2) option with those.

I cant use directvobsub in mc13 because it steals focus away from mc even with the tray icon disabled.

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:37 am »

I might try that, Peter, thanks. However, I wish that MC13 worked just like MC12 in this respect... at least in my hands. :(

)p(

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 02:57:34 am »

As a last resort I am sure you know you can do the filter setup with graphedit and set mc to automatic.

peter

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 03:21:47 am »

I'm not sure how I'd do that exactly, but I guess I could work it out. I've used graph edit a bit before, but that was when I was learning about filters.

Also, I just noticed that my pictures in the first post are too low resolution to see anything. Basically, they show that although the same filters are specified in both MC12 and MC13, only MC12 does what its told- with the same file.
I see the same behaviour with .TS files - the same set of filters works in MC122, but not in MC13.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 05:19:03 am »

I have no problems with showing subtitles with MC13, MC12 or other DirectShow players. I have never included VSFilter in the player programs' internal filter settings. I have set it it to load automatically when the subtitle file (or files if idx+sub/rar) is in the video file's folder and is correctly named or when the subtitles are embedded in the video container file.

I attached some screenshots of my filter settings (which, I think, are quite usual). The first two are from VSFilter and the third is from Haali splitter (this setting might be needed for MKV).

You must be logged in to see the attachments.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 10:57:56 am »

What Alex said.  You can do this more easily in CCCP by checking the "Autoload VSFilter (WMP & MC Support)" box on the second page of the CCCP Settings application.

If you only want the subtitles to actually show "on demand" rather than for every single file that has a subtitle embedded or included, then also go to the VSFilter Settings dialog, switch to the Misc tab, and check the Hide Subtitles dialog box.

(Like Alex said, you must be logged into Interact to see the screenshot attachments I added.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 01:11:10 pm »

Thanks guys

All seems to work at the moment. I played with a few settings and it's good now. The funny thing is that these settings should be the same in MC12, as I'm configuring the filters not MC. In any case, I tried this on my desktop PC, so hopefully it'll work the same way on my HTPC (the more important machine). Now to post a thread about my issue with .TS files.

Lobotom1

• Recent member
DirectShow Video issues MC12 v MC13
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 06:27:36 am »

Hi,

I use only MKV video files with subtitles (IDX & SUB) generated as separated files in same folder as the move and with same name, I tried to configure the VSfilter & Haali splitter as described by Amex B & Glynor. These settings works great in VLC as I get the choice of the subtitle I want to show while the movie plays.

Unfortunately in MC I don't get the list of available subtitles, I suppose the first one is chosen by default and I Can't find a way in the player to select another subtitle.

Can someone let me know where I can change the subtitle track ?? In stream selection it is written "no subtitle" :(

Lobo

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 10:06:10 am »

Hi,

I use only MKV video files with subtitles (IDX & SUB) generated as separated files in same folder as the move and with same name, I tried to configure the VSfilter & Haali splitter as described by Amex B & Glynor. These settings works great in VLC as I get the choice of the subtitle I want to show while the movie plays.

Unfortunately in MC I don't get the list of available subtitles, I suppose the first one is chosen by default and I Can't find a way in the player to select another subtitle.

Can someone let me know where I can change the subtitle track ?? In stream selection it is written "no subtitle" :(

Lobo

I'm actually having the same issue - exactly as I described above on one of my PCs; same filter selection as MC12 but no subtitle options. Also, on MC13 on another PC with the same filters all is okay. I think a reformat and reinstallation of filters will be called for soon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up