INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quieter Audio  (Read 1985 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Quieter Audio
« on: February 22, 2009, 07:05:45 pm »

Why is audio from digital channels always quieter?  I always have to turn the volume much higher to get satisfactory volumes, sometimes 50 - 100% higher, often maxing the available volume travel.

Has anyone from J River explained the basic reasons for changing from a channel based television system to a show based system?  I'm not convinced that it is the perfect solution in theater view--but I'm just starting to use it.  So it might make sense later.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
Re: Quieter Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:15:29 pm »

Has anyone from J River explained the basic reasons for changing from a channel based television system to a show based system?  I'm not convinced that it is the perfect solution in theater view--but I'm just starting to use it.  So it might make sense later.

Did you know you can use either now int Theater View? It's in the roller at the top.
All Programs
My Recordings
All Channels

(or similar)

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:25 am »

I did notice my recordings but didn't look further over.  I've noticed the huge changes weeks ago and am seeing some more finalizations--that some features were definitely not finished but are becoming finished.  That is good because I'm just about ready to push forward and use MC for television where possible.  It's a long process, though, but it's also a very long story--a combination of difficulty receiving over the air (which we may have just solved) but then several other issues, too.  We'll see what happens.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 01:54:34 pm »

Why is audio from digital channels always quieter?  I always have to turn the volume much higher to get satisfactory volumes, sometimes 50 - 100% higher, often maxing the available volume travel.

You could always use a different audio filter for your TV, and set the gains in it to boost the volume level.

I use AC3Filter and in this you can set the gains (and lots of other stuff like EQ) so that your TV will be a similar level to other playback.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up