INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Organization ?'s: album rating, singles, re-issue date, keyword tag  (Read 1047 times)

Vectra

• Recent member

I'm loving the jukebox and migrating my FLAC library.  I am tuning how I tag, display and sort my collection so I thought I'd seek some ideas.

1. I would like to rate the tracks of an album differently than the entire album.  Where do I tag a rating for just the album w/o driving all the tracks to that same rating?   
   * create a tag?  use an existing unused tag?   Comments tag?
   * I was thinking of using KEYWORDS tag semi-colon deliimited for my rating=5, my rating=4, AMG=5, AMG=4, Rolling Stone 2004=5, etc.   

2. i have several singles from a few artists.  I am trying to determine if I display them like albums or create an album called "singles".   At the moment I'm treating them like albums with cover art, date, and title.

3. I use original release date for my albums, but I would like to note the re-issue date of the CD I used as source because different CD re-issues sound different....ie 1980's original CD vs 2008 remaster.    I am currently just putting this info in the comments tag (2003 remaster).

4. I want to search and display all my GOLD cds.   i currently have MFSL or DCC in the title.  I will add this to the comment section so I assume that is enough to search and display vs. creating a tag for GOLD CD.

5.  Do you use the NOTES or BIO tags?   I just use the COMMENTS Tag.    I was tagging some album reviews in comments but with the AMG now playing artist info button I just read the web page.
* there are some tracks I like to post info like highest chart position in US & uk, etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up