INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "nice to have" feature  (Read 821 times)

Hans

"nice to have" feature
« on: July 19, 2002, 07:46:32 am »

I currently use MusicMatch and am currently evaluating Media JukeBox 8 as a replacement. As far as useful features is concerned, Media Jukebox blows MusicMatch right out of the water!
I do have a concern with the frequency of crashes though. These usually happen when I try to get Media to do more than one thing at the same time (i.e. play a song and edit a tag). I also have a problem with Media Server (nice feature though!). I often get an error saying that Media was unable to get license info and then it crashes!

does anyone know a fix?

Gatobrit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Home Theatre, Walking, Fischer Bitter
RE:
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2002, 07:50:33 am »

Hans - on the Help menu go to System Info, copy it to the clipboard and then paste it here. It will help in problem resolution.

Generally I edit tags, analyze replay gain, look up CDDB info while playing all the time and it doesn't crash for me.
Namaste,
John

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2002, 09:52:05 am »

The license problem may be encrypted content in WMA format or others.  If you ripped the content yourself, it may be possible to remove the encryption.  Otherwise, you can create a second library without this content and just share it with Media Server.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox
Pages: [1]   Go Up