INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording Bugs (Theater View)  (Read 1623 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
TV Recording Bugs (Theater View)
« on: February 21, 2009, 03:14:42 pm »

Couple of things with TV Recording in TheaterView in the new Show Channels area (note: I have TS on and use the MCE remote)
1) The Record Button does nothing.  It used to start recording and stop would end it.  Can we have it back please?
2) When I right click "record for one hour" I get a series of OSD about timeshifting, the a white screen, and eventually MC hangs.  A small portion of a recording file is created but if you try to play it back MC hangs.

Logfile attached
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: TV Recording Bugs (Theater View)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 03:50:23 pm »

Couple of things with TV Recording in TheaterView in the new Show Channels area (note: I have TS on and use the MCE remote)
1) The Record Button does nothing.  It used to start recording and stop would end it.  Can we have it back please?
2) When I right click "record for one hour" I get a series of OSD about timeshifting, the a white screen, and eventually MC hangs.  A small portion of a recording file is created but if you try to play it back MC hangs.

Logfile attached
Thanks
Nathan

Some problems here too, but I will add the following;

If I have the EPG data loaded then I can start the recording in Theater View if I select to Record to program listed.
If I then change this to record 2 hours I get a white screen and have to kill MC.

I also notice that once recording is started, there is no STOP Recording in the Theater View OSD, although "No Action" seemed to stop recording whch isn't very obvious... "no action" I would hve thought was like "do nothing, canel, exit the currect OSD"

XP SP3, MC 13.0.126 and DVB-T land.
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 07:48:18 pm »

Yes, you will have it back soon.

I am however not quite sure exactly how it should behave.  I am thinking about this:

Pushing the Record button is equivalent to "Record Current Program" if EPG info is available, otherwise, it is "Record Current Hour" or "Record Current Two Hours", or should it be "Record Current Three Hours"?

Or should it be cycling through all options?

When pressing the button while recording is going on, it should just stop recording.

Somehow this is broken in the latest build(s).  I will look into it.  Thanks for you all for reporting it.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:48:37 pm »

Yes, you will have it back soon.

I am however not quite sure exactly how it should behave.  I am thinking about this:

Pushing the Record button is equivalent to "Record Current Program" if EPG info is available, otherwise, it is "Record Current Hour" or "Record Current Two Hours", or should it be "Record Current Three Hours"?

Or should it be cycling through all options?
Here are what I think makes sence (taken from PVR expereince)
1) If you are in the "All Programs" (EPG Listing) View then:
    - REC would toggle Record ON/OFF of the Program Selected (eg like "Record Current Program" and both current and future listings) and would display a red dot on the relevant line - eg "Record Current Program" + "Schedule Program for Recording"
2) If you are in the "All Channels View" then REC should bring up a std Theater View option list where you can choose between in order:
     - Cancel Current Record (if already recording)
     - Record the Current Channel for XHours:Xminutes where the time increases by 15Mins for each additional down button press
3) If you are watching a program then REC should bring up a std Theater View option list where you can choose between in order:
     - Cancel Current Record (if already recording)
     - Record the Current Program (if EPG info is available)
     - Record the Current Channel for XHours:Xminutes where the time increases by 15Mins for each additional down button press

Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:53:31 pm »

Also did I miss how to add Channel Logos (eg Coverart) or was I dreaming that this was now available?
Thanks
Nathan
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:06:54 pm »

Select a program and click on the blank art.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 11:40:00 pm »

Thanks Jim - assigning coverart to the Programs is pretty leading edge and looks good when it finds them, great addition!

However I was talking more about the basic TV Logo's to add to the Channel's themselves that are now displayed in the Channel View eg:

Note: FYI these are Ch Logos and there are tons that can be used on you Harmony RC's from http://www.iconharmony.com/icons/ for these interested.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 05:47:36 pm »

Thanks for making some changes and I think it is mostly there! couple of notes:

1) There is no OSD saying "Recording - Current Show / 1H / 2H / 3H" or "Recording - Stopped" - you see a bunch of OSD regarding TS etc as the filters are rebuilt but nothing indicating the selection of the recording option.
2) No biggie, but the [Record] tag is added to the end of the Program description.  Can it be put on the RHS to make it more obvious?
3) In the Channel view, there is no record option (and the REC button does nothing)
4) There is no way of scheduling a longer recording than 3H at present, is it possible to have a feature like

I'll post some MCE Comments in the other thread
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up