INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't find 2 functions in MJ8 or CommandLine-Interface  (Read 514 times)

reiner

• Recent member
Can't find 2 functions in MJ8 or CommandLine-Interface
« on: July 19, 2002, 06:11:12 am »

Hi there,

At first let me say that I'm relative new to this forum. I use MJ8 since a couple of weeks (build 320 at the moment)and from day to day I enjoy it more. I use ape-files for playing and I use my remote with girder ( www.girder.nl), a very complete automation tool for windows ( You will probably know it ). There are still 2 points I couldn't find within the manual or in the forum.

1. Is there a possibility to switch in 'Playing Now' in a quick way from the actual playing position to any other position within PN. This would be good for choosing song number x from the remote-control with Button number x.
Is this allready integrated somewhere ? I can't find it.
It could be something like : 'mjextman.exe /switch [number]'
I tried it with 'mjextman /Play "TREEPATH=Playing Now\File"
The result was that PN startet from the beginning.

2. Is there a possibility to export the actual playlist or any other playlist from CommandLine Interface. I would need this also from within girder to produce a playlist OSD 'on the fly' for showing this OSD on the Monitor. At the moment I use the conventional way. From within MJ8, I choose 'File - Export Playlist - Format ASCII - All fields and OK' It's working in an automatic way, but it could become much easier and probably faster with something like :

mjextman.exe /export ["TREEPATH=xxx"] [Fileformat] [TargetFileName]

It would be great if anyone could give me a tip for my two 'problems'.

If these features are not included at the moment in MJ8.331, I would ask the developers to think about that and if it would be OK to integrate these features in an future build-version.

Please excuse me if my english isn't the best all time. But it's not my 'motherlanguage'.

Reiner
Reiner
Pages: [1]   Go Up