INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changes for video in MC 13.0.129 + 13.0.128  (Read 1448 times)

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Changes for video in MC 13.0.129 + 13.0.128
« on: February 27, 2009, 12:05:40 am »

I was really tempted to post this under the thread announcing MC 13.0.129 is available, but it's not a bug per se so I refrained.

First I saw this and was please, since the Playback and File Types sections of the Options box were kind of overlapping, redundant and awkward:
Quote from: List of Recent Changes/Fixes
13.0.128 (02/24/2009)

1. NEW: DirectShow filters selection on "File Types" dialog window.

Then I saw this:

Quote from: List of Recent Changes/Fixes
13.0.129 (02/25/2009)

1. Changed: Removed the old "Select Filters" dialog window.  Removed DirectShow file type list from "DirectShow Playback Options" window, and renamed the window "DirectShow Video Playback Options."

Now when setting up filters, one has to stop playback, go into options, make changes, and then resume playback. Whereas before, you could right click in the display view and make your changes, stop and restart playing the file. I like to use Haali renderer for playback of most filetypes, but this will not allow me to take a screen grab. For TV shows that don't have online cover art available, I like to use a screen grab as cover art. This means I ahve to change renderer to WMR9 temporarily, but then will revert back to Haali for viewing. The new changes in MC make this a tedious process.

Also, when experimenting with filters to see which will work in playing back a certain file, it's important to have access to the filters during playback. Some mkv files can be hardware accelerated provided you have the right filters and video hardware; others cannot be GPU accelerated. It was inconvenient enough the old way to have to change filters, stop and restart playback to get things to work right; now it's almost painful. And this leads me to a feature request, which could fix a few things that MC misses perfection on by this much. That's another thread.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Changes for video in MC 13.0.129 + 13.0.128
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:22:27 am »

... before, you could right click in the display view and make your changes, stop and restart playing the file...
I don't think we intended to remove that from the right click menu.

We were just moving the configuration of DirectShow to a more logical place.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 08:46:15 am »

I don't think we intended to remove that from the right click menu.

We were just moving the configuration of DirectShow to a more logical place.

Oh Phew! I hope it makes a return then. Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 10:45:29 am »

Yes, I will put it back.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up