INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: m2ts no audio  (Read 6033 times)

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
m2ts no audio
« on: February 25, 2009, 05:09:00 pm »

I just upgraded to MC13. I can play my m2ts files from my Canon HG20 and the video plays beautifully, but no sound. The files play fine in the ImageMixer 3 app that came with the camera, so the audio must be in there but MC13 doesn't seem to play it.

What am I missing? I'm not too familiar with all this codec stuff so I don't know what I have, but if they play in ImageMixer with audio, I'd think they'd have audio in MC.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: m2ts no audio
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:36:13 pm »

While the video is playing, right-click in the video window and choose DirectShow Filters \ Copy filter info to clipboard.

Paste the info here.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:37:16 pm »

OK, here it is, I think I got the right thing:

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
        CLSID: {79376820-07D0-11CF-A24D-0020AFD79767}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)'
            Connected to pin 'XFrom Out' of filter 'Microsoft MPEG-1/DD Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: C:\Windows\system32\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'Microsoft MPEG-1/DD Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
        Host: C:\Windows\System32\msmpeg2adec.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XFrom Out'
            Connected to pin 'Audio Input pin (rendered)' of filter 'Default DirectSound Device'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {09571A4B-F1FE-4C60-9760-DE6D310C7C31}
        Host: C:\Program Files\CoreCodec\CoreAVC Professional Edition\CoreAVCDecoder.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'AC3' of filter 'Pixela Mpeg Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Microsoft MPEG-1/DD Audio Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'H264' of filter 'Pixela Mpeg Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_H264, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'CoreAVC Video Decoder'

Filter 'Pixela Mpeg Splitter'
        CLSID: {CDBB01B3-326B-4FF9-AAEA-5DCD5597CD35}
        Host: C:\Program Files\PIXELA\ImageMixer 3 SE Ver.3\PxMpegSplitter.ax
        Input Pin 'MPEG2'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'D:\Videos\IMxLibrary\CANON HD\20090215\20090215125500.m2ts'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE
        Output Pin 'H264'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

Filter 'D:\Videos\IMxLibrary\CANON HD\20090215\20090215125500.m2ts'
        CLSID: {E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
        Host: quartz.dll
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'MPEG2' of filter 'Pixela Mpeg Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type TIME_FORMAT_NONE, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:11 pm »

I don't know if that MS audio decoder is usable with m2ts files that contain AC3 encoded audio. Possibly it is intended only for DVD playback.

You could install the CCCP DirectShow filter pack and set its FFDShow audio decoder component to decode AC3 audio (aka Dolby digital). More info is in the JRiver wiki: http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide

Alternatively you could install the "AC3Filter" DirectShow audio decoding filter. It is a single audio decoding filter.

http://www.cccp-project.net/
http://ac3filter.net/
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 06:16:30 am »

OK, thanks for the reply. My video camera doesn't have Dolby Digital sound, only stereo, so I don't know if that's it or not. At least it doesn't have Dolby Digital unless it's added somehow when the camera software takes it off the camera and puts it on the computer. That's when they are changed from .mts to m2ts. I'll try one or both of your solutions and see if it works.

I have this issue on both computers I have MC13 installed on, too. Both are Vista, BTW, will your solutions work with Vista?

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 05:07:22 pm »

I installed CCCP, the videos played in MC13/MC12, had sound, but after about 3 seconds it stuttered bad. And now Canon's ImageMixer wouldn't run at all, locked right up trying to do anything, even just select a video. I uninstalled CCCP and now MC13/MC12 play the videos again without audio, but ImageMixer plays them fine, with sound. All this happened on BOTH my computers, too!

I guess I could try the AC3Filter thing you mentioned and see if that does something.

I hate screwing around with this codec thing. Pretty soon, nothing works right. And some programs, like Nero, and probably lots of others, install and/or change this stuff without telling you, so it depends on what you might have installed last that screws something you had working fine. I wish I had a clue how to keep all this working!!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 05:30:30 pm »

How about googling for Directshow solutions for your filetype and camera?

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 05:45:32 pm »

Now I installed AC3Filter and it works in MC, audio is great. But again now, ImageMixer locks right up the instant I try to play anything. I need ImageMixer more than I need MC to play m2ts files, so I guess I'll uninstall AC3Filter and go back to where ImageMixer, hopefully, works again.

Any other suggestions? I'll try Googling, but the camera's native software plays the files fine, Cyberlink Powerdirector plays them, edits them, encodes them to other formats, etc. just fine. Only MC12/13, of the stuff I have, won't play the audio.

thosj

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:11:11 am »

I THINK I have it fixed.

I had to reinstall the camera software, ImgageMixer, and then it worked again. I then installed AC3Filter and MC13 now plays the files with audio, so all appears well. I rebooted just to check, and both work still! Knock wood!

I suppose until the next time I try to install something else that uses codecs, then it will change everything AGAIN!! The one thing I learned, I think, is that the ImageMixer program installs something that gets removed or changed when you install CCCP. I could perhaps have installed CCCP and THEN reinstalled ImageMixer and it might have worked although as I stated above, MC13 with CCCP installed played audio in the m2ts files but stuttered.

Sigh.........
Pages: [1]   Go Up