INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Editing field tags - how to do this fast  (Read 1530 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Editing field tags - how to do this fast
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:18:19 pm »

I recently asked for a change to facilitate field tags editing. Actually, some things have changed since that post below:
After pressing F2 on list delimited tag fields, the content in the text box should be marked! At present, it is not possible to copy + paste a field content without using the mouse. As possible in MC12, it would be great just to press F2, then CTRL+C, then arrow down, then CTRL+V.

Anyway, there are still some steps circuitous. Therefore I want to make some suggestions to improve this:

1. Edit list-delimited fields: Pressing F2 marks the edit line with all current entries (great because I can delete or copy them in one step!) Now I wish to tick one more entry. This is impossible without using the mouse. >Arrow down< only activates a less useful context menu (all commands are also available by short-cuts). Instead pressing the >arrow down> button should scroll through the list and allow ticking with space (works already after clicking with mouse once)

Common usage example: I have a list-delimited field containg 3 entries which I also need for other tracks. I would like to press F2, press CTRL+C, press arrow down, press CTRL+V => all entries are copied. (Previously, this used to work in that way)

2. Edit string fields with multiple entries (like artist, genre, name): Pressing F2 allows editing the current entry. Here, it would be great if it somehow was possible to activate the drop-down-list via keyboard (e.g. by pressing F2 again). I just would like to avoid to use the mouse again. So then, after activating the drop-down list the >arrow down> button should activate scrolling within that drop-down list. After deactivating the drop-down list (e.g. once more F2), the arrow buttons should refer to the track.

3. My last wish - to make it perfect - is that also 5-star-fields can be changed via keyboard. At the moment, it looks like there's no other way like editing this field with my mouse.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Editing field tags - how to do this fast
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:20:46 pm »

1. Edit list-delimited fields: Pressing F2 marks the edit line with all current entries (great because I can delete or copy them in one step!) Now I wish to tick one more entry. This is impossible without using the mouse. >Arrow down< only activates a less useful context menu (all commands are also available by short-cuts). Instead pressing the >arrow down> button should scroll through the list and allow ticking with space (works already after clicking with mouse once)

Try tab then up / down.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Editing field tags - how to do this fast
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 02:25:03 pm »

Try tab then up / down.

Wow, things can be so easy - I wonder why I didn't try that before! Thanks!

You also have a hint for 2 and 3?
Pages: [1]   Go Up