INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coreavc playback problem  (Read 2053 times)

Gluten

coreavc playback problem
« on: March 03, 2009, 11:07:33 am »

Hy everybody, i'm from Bordeaux (France, the Red Wine country), so be cool with my english !
Thank for everyone in this forum, the level is very high, i always found an answer to the difficulties i encountered with this very cool piece of software.
About coreavc filter, i think there is a bug with vsfilter, when autoloading option is selected. If this is the case, no image is rendered, black screen. When i deselect autoload option in vsfilter (I use CCCP and tried different version of core avc filter), ''magie', image is there ! I noticed that issue on another system at home. Although, it works pefectly with MPC.
Any idea ? Is the render quality of coreavc filter better than the one embedded in CCCP ?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: coreavc playback problem
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 12:23:59 pm »

I think several of us have experienced this same problem, and it boils down to an incompatability between MC13 and some versions of CoreAVC. I believe the worst ones are CoreAVC 1.8x series. I'm running 1.6 just fine, and others have tried 1.9 and that fixed their problems.

Could it be that you're running 1.8x?

Gluten

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 01:47:06 pm »

I tried v1.6 v1.8 and 1.9 in my case not a version problem. The same behavior with the autoload vsfilter ticked and unticked, image disappears...

)p(

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:50:05 pm »

I also had some problems with coreavc and subs with mc13. I switched to using the ffdshow subtitles filter for subs and have not had a problem since.

peter

Gluten

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 04:07:04 pm »

I will try your solution (ffdshow subtitles filter instead of vsfilter), i think it can work, i'll confirm in a few days (not at home for testing) thanks

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 05:29:17 pm »

CoreAVC does have an advantage over FFDShow in terms of efficiency (it uses much less CPU power).

Did you try different video renderer?  I wonder if it is related to a specific renderer.  Also does it make any difference with JRiver Bitrate Monitor on or off?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 08:44:18 am »

Also does it make any difference with JRiver Bitrate Monitor on or off?

Yes...I unchecked it and now I have picture and subs with directvobsub/vsfilter and coreavc.

What function has the bitrate monitor?

peter

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2009, 09:13:05 am »

What function has the bitrate monitor?

As the name suggests, it dynamically monitors bitrate.  You see bitrate reported along with position/duration, etc.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

)p(

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2009, 09:50:00 am »

As the name suggests, it dynamically monitors bitrate.  You see bitrate reported along with position/duration, etc.

Ok nothing that I will miss then...I'll just keep it off.

peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up