INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMA not found using MC13  (Read 951 times)

Byhtomit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
WMA not found using MC13
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:51:04 pm »

I recently installed MC13 on Win7 Beta Ultimate N (build 7000).  When I attempt to import or even just play WMA files, it can't find them in the list of files.  Other files (MP3) play just fine, but I can't even convert the WMA files to MP3 because it can't locate them.  If I use the Drive & Devices navigation to even play the files individually (w/o importing them), the files don't even show in the main window pane.  Has anyone else seen this? ?

Thanks,
Timothy

Byhtomit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: WMA not found using MC13
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:52:20 pm »

I forgot to mention that I'm running build 13.0.119 of MC13.

Thanks,
Timothy

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 02:55:09 pm »

Maybe they aren't where you think they are, but also check your import settings.  Open "Advanced" and see if the filetype is checked.

You could try dragging a file from Explorer onto the Play button in the upper left corner of MC.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 03:01:24 pm »

If I use the Drive & Devices navigation to even play the files individually (w/o importing them), the files don't even show in the main window pane.

You might enable logging from Help > Logging... and take a look to see if the missing files are getting logged.  If so, share the log section showing the file analysis.

It's possible Microsoft broke something with their WMA handling interfaces in Win7 beta.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up