INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Editor - Vertical scrollbar request  (Read 1752 times)

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
Smartlist Editor - Vertical scrollbar request
« on: March 05, 2009, 05:01:25 am »

I have a Smartlist with many different rules, however, the smartlist editor window won't allow me to change any more settings because the window has reached past the confines of my desktop real-estate (making some of the critical buttons unreachable by mouse, i.e. the OK, Cancel, Apply or Import/Export buttons along the bottom).  My computer is set to it's native resolution of 1280x800, and I cannot increase it further to solve the issue.

I am aware of the import/export function in order to workaround this problem, but a workaround is not a fix.  Is there any possibility of adding a vertical scrollbar on the window if the Rules get too long?  What might be most ideal is to just allow a maximum of three or four rules before a scrollbar is introduced, that way the window will never get close to filling up my who desktop.

Oh, I've also tested this with the latest 13.0.132 build, it is still an issue.

Thanks!

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Editor - Vertical scrollbar request
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 05:53:34 am »

absolutly agree..

the only way to add a advanced smartlist is to change the resolution  ?

MT5FR

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 03:33:50 pm »

Any feedback from the programmers at J River?  Can we expect to see this issue resolved?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 03:44:34 pm »

I agree a scrollbar could be nice, but it's not on the table for Media Center 13.

You might consider multiple, linked smartlists if you're doing something extra complicated.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 01:48:50 am »

I have a Smartlist with many different rules, however, the smartlist editor window won't allow me to change any more settings because the window has reached past the confines of my desktop real-estate (making some of the critical buttons unreachable by mouse, i.e. the OK, Cancel, Apply or Import/Export buttons along the bottom).  My computer is set to it's native resolution of 1280x800, and I cannot increase it further to solve the issue.

I am aware of the import/export function in order to workaround this problem, but a workaround is not a fix.  Is there any possibility of adding a vertical scrollbar on the window if the Rules get too long?  What might be most ideal is to just allow a maximum of three or four rules before a scrollbar is introduced, that way the window will never get close to filling up my who desktop.

Oh, I've also tested this with the latest 13.0.132 build, it is still an issue.

Thanks!
I have some pretty complex smartlists here too, and as yet, I have not needed a scrollbar (I have 1050 vertical pixels to play with).
I can't help wondering if it's possible to optimise your search to make it shorter? Could you paste the search rule you're using in this thread so we could give it a once over?

-marko.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 04:13:35 am »

Marko, i do a lot of searches on the field:Text  "contain word" for example, and you have to put each search on a new row...and when you want to combine that with album and artist and some %, there is simply not room enough..
MT5FR

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 04:24:27 am »

Marko, I agree with Lasse_Lus.  I have one Smartlist that I use to convert incompatible audio formats to MP3 for iPod/iTunes sync purposes.  The handheld cache doesn't work the way I need it to, and I don't need to convert my entire library, only music from certain playlists.  My solution is to create a conversion smartlist that has all the playlist songs that I want converted within it; hence the high number of rule sets (18+ in my case).  With these many rules, I can't access the bottom part of the smartlist editor.  And believe me, I have condensed as much as I possibly can, (in one case I took 16 entries and turned them into 1).

There simply isn't an easy way to use the smartlist editor to do complex actions without creating multiple and excessive smartlists.  Please help, J River!

Why wouldn't MC13 be able to make room for this?  It seems like coding a vertical scrollbar wouldn't take that much work...
Pages: [1]   Go Up