INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Covert Art, Screengrab, and external location  (Read 1323 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Video Covert Art, Screengrab, and external location
« on: March 05, 2009, 08:51:42 am »

I've read through Alex's posts as well as the more recent DVD Cover Art thread, http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=50867.0 and I'm quite confused about something.  The source of my confusion lies in the fact that when I use the Screengrab to file option, I am asked to give the file a name, which I do, but then when I go to Add Cover Art from file, my named file isn't in the folder I specified; instead, the file is there with the filename (name).  Now this part I understand from Alex's posts: something about if Artist-Album is left blank, then MC automatically names the screengrap using the filename (name). But then why was I given the option to name the screengrab?

Here is what I do:
Play an mpg file.
Modify the Name field to reflect the video.
Keep playing the file, and pause when I come to the picture I want to use.
Screengrap to file. Name it by putting it into my cover art directory, using Video - name.
Covert Art > Add from File
My jpg isn't there, but there is a jpg there named for the filename (name).

Shouldn't the jpg that I named be there?
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: Video Covert Art, Screengrab, and external location
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 10:04:08 am »

That's really funny; after a lot of ignored frustration over the weeks, I finally decided last night that I was going to post on exactly this subject today. Thanks for bringing it up! I would be happy if MC just used the location I had specified in settings without giving me a choice of naming the screengrab - and then ignoring what I name it! A simple "screengrab captured/saved" confirmation would be enough. A confirmation is necessary because MC does nothing if you try to grab a screen with a renderer that won't allow it, e.g. Haali.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 12:12:24 pm »

I think there is a bug.  I will look into it.  Thanks.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 01:08:30 pm »

I think there is a bug.  I will look into it.  Thanks.

Thanks guys. I love your support for MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up