INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPU usage - benchmark  (Read 1246 times)

DiiPii

• Recent member
CPU usage - benchmark
« on: March 06, 2009, 09:25:51 am »

I know there will be be no easy comparison as much will change based on a users system and MC configuration...but... I'm tyring to benchmark what kind of CPU usage I should be seeing when (1) JMRC13 is idle and (2) JRMC13 is playing music.

Since upgrading to recent builds of 13 (I'm current as of yesterday) I finding JRMC13 is bogging my system down. I've tried tweaking some things (both in MC & my AV) and it's  better but still using 10-20% at idle (up and down) on a 2.44hz duo core. I'd like to see how this compares to other people. Don't worry, I've see all the threads on Weird Things, and I know it's probably my NOD32 AV but it grieves me give up a three year license that I've paid for and not used....plus I like NOD32 and I've never had this issue before with MC in the 2 years I've been using it.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: CPU usage - benchmark
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 09:57:02 am »

My CPU sits at 0% with JRMC13 running (but idle), IE7 and Symantec AV.  I'm unfamiliar with MRNC 13?

)p(

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 12:03:42 pm »

At the moment while playing 0-1%. Idle normally 0%. Sometimes it does some stuff in the background then it can use as much as 20%. Vista 2.4 quad core 2 gig ram.

peter

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 12:26:04 pm »

Auto-import will analyze files and build thumbnails in the background.  This can use some CPU, but will eventually finish.  It can also be disabled.

While playing audio minimized, Media Center should be very lean.  It unloads its skin, database, and several other components when minimized.  Memory usage is around 13 MB for me in this case and CPU usage is between 0% and 2%.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up