INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Browse entire Peformer Store in Theater View with Cover Art?  (Read 1731 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Browse entire Peformer Store in Theater View with Cover Art?
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:03:19 pm »

Will this ever be possible?  Would seem to be pretty tough to make it fast in Theater View though.

And then bring this over to MC13?  If so I would for sure sign up for the service.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Browse entire Peformer Store in Theater View with Cover Art?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:15:09 pm »

To me, it's the perfect medium for purchasing on demand media.  You're at your couch, you don't have your wallet on you and/or aren't near your normal pc, you're with your friends who ask, 'do you have that song or video', and you say NO. We'll just browse to the 'On Demand' section of Theater View and voila EVERYTHING at your fingertips!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 05:25:34 pm »

Can you explain exactly what you imagine?

We'd like to do more, but right now we're doing a lot of behind-the-scenes plumbing.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 05:39:37 pm »

Cool, no, I understand.  Theater View is really rocking these days in MC 13.

Basically imagine signing up for the music subscription service, and then navigating to that root item in Theater View,call it 'On Demand'.  From there, you can browse by Genre, Artist, and Album just like in a standard view of PMC but instead in Theater View with cover art.

This would then bring up questions like:

Would it be possible to show 4+ million tracks easily all with cover art in this type of view since it is coming across the net?

How would you seperate what you have and what you don't have?

How would you search since there is no dedicated search function for each view in Theater View, just one that rules them all.

What options would be available?  Only Stream or Stream + Download at the same time?

I think you could also easily add in on demand videos and movies here since it is Theater View.  Basically I just keeping thinking to myself how I would totally start using these types of services since I have broadband and now an easy to use UI from my couch.  I don't get excited when I'm at my PC to buy media, but when I'm already enjoying it from couch, that makes me want to burn money! :-)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 05:55:23 pm »

You could even add views for 'What's new' showing only new music within a certain time period (could be user specified on the time), and add a view for 'Recommendations'.  What happened to that system anyways, it seemed pretty good and would fit right in with Theater View and the store?
Pages: [1]   Go Up