INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Begins install each time I click on icon  (Read 997 times)

greatgoogleymoogley

Begins install each time I click on icon
« on: March 10, 2009, 07:53:06 pm »

WinXP SP3.  Installed MJ & added music files yesterday.  Shut down computer.  Booted computer today, clicked on MJ icon & the install wizard begins again.  I went ahead & let it run the install, worried that I would have to wait for it to copy my files again when prompted, but it did not ask & presented the interface with the complete library from last night.  It runs the install wizard every time I click on the icon.   

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Begins install each time I click on icon
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:03:34 pm »

I'd guess you have the installer on your desktop and you are clicking it instead of the program's shortcut icon. You can always reinstall MJ by running the installer again. That works as intended. Probably you have the actual program icon at least in Start Menu > Programs.

In the "custom" installer options you can select where the program's shortcuts will be created (desktop, taskbar, start menu).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

greatgoogleymoogley

Re: Begins install each time I click on icon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 08:14:59 pm »

Yes, I thought of that but could find no other icon.  After reading your suggestion, I searched again & found the "regular" shortcut from an earlier (several months ago) install in the program files.  Thanks. :) 
Pages: [1]   Go Up