INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remotes/Display View losing focus?  (Read 2338 times)

rowens

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Remotes/Display View losing focus?
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:20:58 am »

Starting new thread as the following comments are buried in the remotes thread....
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________
Quote from: proctor on March 07, 2009, 11:36:35 am
I use the intelliremote with MJ River V13.  When I switch from Theater View to display view, the intelliremote software loses the focus on Media Center.  It looks like when Media Center switches to display view, there is running another program than media center

I have to click on the video screen using the mouse to get back the focus on media Center.

Any have idea about the program running ?

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

I just upgraded from MC12 to the latest version of MC13 and i'm having the same issue using LM Gestion/Harmony remote.  I have to click the video screen to get the remote to work.  It worked fine previously.  Any way to fix this?

Thx

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Remotes/Display View losing focus?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 08:45:34 am »

How are you switching to Display View?  It can be set to be automatic in the options for General/Behavior.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 12:48:58 pm »

Starting new thread as the following comments are buried in the remotes thread....
_______________________________________________________________________________ ___________________
Quote from: proctor on March 07, 2009, 11:36:35 am
I use the intelliremote with MJ River V13.  When I switch from Theater View to display view, the intelliremote software loses the focus on Media Center.  It looks like when Media Center switches to display view, there is running another program than media center

I have to click on the video screen using the mouse to get back the focus on media Center.

Any have idea about the program running ?

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

I just upgraded from MC12 to the latest version of MC13 and i'm having the same issue using LM Gestion/Harmony remote.  I have to click the video screen to get the remote to work.  It worked fine previously.  Any way to fix this?

Thx

The focus should get given to the display whenever Display View is shown.

As a test, do you see the on screen display when you use the up / down buttons on your keyboard?  How about the up / down buttons on the remote? (you'll need something playing to get the on screen display)

I use an MCE remote which works like a keyboard for a lot of buttons.  If the focus got shifted, it wouldn't work.  However, I haven't experienced this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rowens

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 02:50:55 pm »

Thanks for the quick responses... i'll test some of these when i get home this evening...

How are you switching to Display View?  It can be set to be automatic in the options for General/Behavior.

From Theater View.... i go into videos, select one (all via remote) and then play it.  It launches in Display View, but my remote stops working.  I can use the mouse to click on the playing video, and then the remote functionality returns to normal.

I have not tried the up and down buttons while the video is playing, only pause, stop, ff, rew, skip... none of those work until i use the mouse to presumably set the focus on the Video.

BTW - i've tried with both the Harmony Remote and an MCE remote (albeit with LM Gestion running).. same results

Thanks,
Rick

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 03:34:21 pm »

Does LM Gestion have a task tray icon?  It might be worth testing without it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 03:34:55 pm »

You might also try audio files to see if there's a rude video decoding filter that's taking the focus. (tray icon like Jim mentioned, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 04:57:33 pm »

Have you created an MC profile for LM Remote Keymap? The target application section should be:

Window class: MJFrame
Title: Media Center
Executable: media center 13.exe
with "Automatically bring application window to foreground" checked.

A profile may not otherwise be necessary (i.e., the default does what you need it to do), but I'm guessing this part is necessary so it can stay focused on the active window. In any case, this works for me. I only rarely have a problem with something else stealing the focus. Whatever that is, it's not the LM Remote Keymap tray icon—the software won't run without that.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 07:24:15 pm »

FWIW, I have a similar situation, but mine is self-induced.  My wife uses my machine (HTPC) to browse web and email while I'm watching movies or navigating theater view and focus is stolen from MC everytime she clicks.  We have a dual-mon setup, she's on primary.

It might be a considered a little kludgy, but if she sticks with the mouse, it works fine.  I taught her how to pause the script if she wants to type.  THis is using AutoHotKey to keep focus on MC as follows:

Code: [Select]
#Persistent
SetTimer, MC13Theater, 2000
return

MC13Theater:
; Stop Timer
SetTimer, MC13Theater, off

if WinExist("","Display", "","")  ; Look for the Theater View or Display View using Visible Text Keyword
 {
  WinWaitNotActive  ; Wait until MC loses focus
  ifWinNotExist, ahk_class JRiver Menu Class  ; If it's not the THV menu, set focus back to MC
   WinActivate
 }
 else
 {
  WinWait, , Display  ; If Display or THV not found, wait for it to show up
 }

; Restart the timer
SetTimer, MC13Theater, on

Return

^!x::
ExitApp
Return
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

rowens

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 08:48:49 am »

Thanks all for the suggestions/comments.

The good news is that it doesn't appear to be an MC13 issue - the bad news is i'm still struggling on getting it fixed.

LM Gestion profile - is configured correctly for MC.
My issue seems to be specific to .mkv files; when i launch a DVD, i am able to fully control via remote.
For mkv's, i'm using Haali splitter and CoreAVCPro - both are set to NOT show up as tray icon.

The latter was a relatively recent change - the Taskbar was popping up over the video window so I changed their settings to not show up.  I'm guessing one of the two is still grabbing the focus...
Pages: [1]   Go Up