INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing 'Podcast' settings and download history?  (Read 1064 times)

billryan_nz

• Recent member
Importing 'Podcast' settings and download history?
« on: March 13, 2009, 02:43:14 pm »

I use podcasts extensively for a wide range of news/current affairs programmes - I also warehouse them for research purposes in what is now a large library extending back over three years. I've built a new computer as my main desktop (new and old one are both Vista, although I'm on the verge of making Win7 the default OS on the new) and am unable to successfully import the podcasts URLs, settings and download history (it's not an issue of reading the library, that's no problem, but keeping track of what I have and haven't downloaded). I've tried copying a range of files from AppsData and Program Files but either I've not yet identified which files and/or the new installation can't read the old one (s). Which file(s) contain this information? Where is it/they located? And is it sufficient just to copy the file(s) from the old to the new installation? Your help appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Importing 'Podcast' settings and download history?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 02:49:01 pm »

Information about Podcasts in stored in the Media Center library, and included in a library backup.

The actual downloaded Podcast episodes will be where you specify in options.  If they are in a different spot on the new computer, you will need to update Media Center's database to reflect this.  Using the Rename, Move, & Copy files dialog is one quick way to do this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

billryan_nz

• Recent member
Re: Importing 'Podcast' settings and download history?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 03:49:43 pm »

Matt, many thanks. For reasons I won't bother going into - I have a fairly complex network system here which I didn't explain in my OP and won't waste your time with now - your second par didn't address this particular issue. But pleased to advise you were right first up. I was thinking of the podcast settings and download history as 'settings' and not the 'playback library' and so didn't make the connection to the backup. All fine now, many thanks.

BTW: haven't noticed many comments re Win7 on the forum although you guys are probably testing. For what it's worth, not only am I impressed with the next version of Windows, but MC 13 seems to run much better and more smoothly on it - undoubtedly an effect of the improvements to the OS but no signs yet of incompatibility problems. In fact, nothing but positives.
Pages: [1]   Go Up