INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC v 13 library view at start up  (Read 1041 times)

gerryc

• Recent member
MC v 13 library view at start up
« on: March 13, 2009, 03:24:48 pm »

I've been struggling with MC 13 for a few weeks and I simply want to click on the MC icon in my quick start tray and have MC open with my library in artist, name, album....  I keep getting panels with blocks of different artists and an image of a cd next to it.  Then I have to load my music folders back into my library to see them in "playing now"..I must be doing something stupid, I should be able to figure this out without the forums help. >:(

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: MC v 13 library view at start up
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 09:42:29 pm »

its one the the major annoyances i have when upgrading MC, all your views get screwed over with new columns added into all of them (eg most obvious fields are rating and genre, they keep getting put back in every release - hint, i dont want them which is why i removed them please stop putting them back in)

you can re-customise the view and remove the "large icon" field (to get rid of the album art).

i actually dont mind the groupings too much but you can get rid of them easily if you dont - go into View > Customise and change the grouping to None - should now be back the way it was in MC12.  note if you change it back to album grouping youll get the large icon back (just remove it again)

not sure why you have to load the music folders again, it should be fine if you used the same library from the previous verion

gerryc

• Recent member
Re: MC v 13 library view at start up
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 03:21:07 pm »

Rhom, thanks that did the trick and I agree with you someone decided to make some changes that didn't need changing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up