INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view sorting  (Read 900 times)

jagt777

• Recent member
Theater view sorting
« on: March 13, 2009, 07:32:22 pm »

Hi guys,

I'm having a bit of a problem with sort options and was hoping for some advice/assistance.

I created a view scheme view which has a custom sort order using library fields which I created.  I also setup specific text against the thumbnails which uses different library fields.  The net effect is a thumbnail with text showing the program name and a text date string (like "03 January 2009").  The custom 'sort by' includes the program name and a library field which includes a sort friendly date (like "2009-01-03").  This sorts the list by the sort friendly date but shows the nicely formatted date (note that both of these fields are text, not date format - which is the crux of the problem).

This view works fine but when I added it to theater view, the sorting order seems to follow the displayed values only.  I have used 'set rules for file display' to setup the appropriate sort fields but it appears that the scheme 'items' are the fields that are used for sorting.  When I try and manually add items to the theater view scheme, the 'View Scheme Item' dialogue has a 'Sorting:' field under settings and this seems to drive the sort order, regardless of the  'Edit Search' dialogue 'Modify Results' 'sort by' options set.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up