INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC13 Library Server: Cannot upload to iPod from remote client  (Read 1246 times)

pjs

Ever since I upgraded to MC13 from MC12 I have been unable to upload tracks to my iPod(s) from an MC13 client connected to a library server.  Everything seems OK but when trying to sync tracks, MC13 gives the message "ERROR" when trying to upload tracks to the iPod.  Connection to the server is OK, viewing the library and playing tracks on the remote client is OK, but trying to sync fails.
Sync works if the iPod is connected directly to the computer hosting the MC13 library server.  No problem with remote sync using MC12.

The library server was the feature that originally sold me on MC.

Anyone else have this problem? 

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC13 Library Server: Cannot upload to iPod from remote client
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 03:17:10 pm »

I am surprised that worked on MC 12. Are you sure?

In any event, with MC13 I do what you are attempting to do by storing the MC Library itself on a network share and then opening the library from the "client" PC directly instead of using the library server. That way the client PC can sync files with an external device connected to the client PC.

pjs

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 03:32:07 pm »

I'm sure that it worked on MC 12.  In fact I am still running MC 12 so that I can load tracks onto my iPod from a remote client. 

Are you suggesting that this is not a feature of MC?  MC 13 tries to upload to the iPod (at least it says it's trying) but it doesn't work.  MC12 is successful in uploading to the iPod.

Should I take from the lack of response that this is not a feature that people are interested in?  I can't believe that I am the only one to notice this problem.

Thanks for your response.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 03:53:53 pm »

This was changed to support first-generation iPod touches.

We'll look at changing it back.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

pjs

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 02:41:03 pm »

Thanks for the info, Matt.

I vote for re-enabling this feature.

Pages: [1]   Go Up