INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What's this movie about?  (Read 1168 times)

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
What's this movie about?
« on: March 14, 2009, 07:09:16 pm »

Had my sis in law over last night to borrow a couple of DVDs. Instead of taking her into the back room of the house to rummage through them all, I simply brought the Movies screen up and had her flick through them in "ten foot mode". "This is GREAT, having all your movies just here like this" she said. Of course then I had to go and rummaging through the back room looking for them, but that's OK.

The one thing that kept coming up though?

"What's this movie about?"

Response?

"Ummm..."

I know you guys are working on this  :)

bil1010105

• World Citizen
What's this movie about?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 04:03:30 am »

The one thing that kept coming up though?

"What's this movie about?"

Response?

"Ummm..."

I know you guys are working on this  :)

Where does it say they are working on this? I've been waiting two years for it.  :-\

The lack of any kind of movie description is the single reason why MC has been sacked from the living room PC for me. The scenario above happened every single night in my house, and I just got fed up with it.

My life has enough hassle, and my brain enough useless trivia in it, without having to remember & quote even a simple synopsis of all the movies in my collection.

Is there really light at the end of the tunnel? ?

Peter_T

• Galactic Citizen
Re: What's this movie about?
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:28:45 pm »

Some other software scrape info from places like IMDB, but I'm not sure if this is legal - they totally rip off others' content.  However if this info were stored in an xml file (Media Companion and Media Info Plus do this) then we could use questionable scrapers to collect the data and MC could just display info from an xml file. 

Oh well... that's one of the main reasons that I turfed it from my living room, too.  (But I still love it for back-end management)

galahad1974

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:19 pm »

I use PVD to go get all the onfo from imdb, Them import it into MC, Thier new theater view info display lets me show exactly what you are looking for.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 04:53:55 pm »

I use PVD to go get all the onfo from imdb, Them import it into MC, Thier new theater view info display lets me show exactly what you are looking for.

I'd be interested in your thoughts on what I just posted to New Theater View Info Panel.
Pages: [1]   Go Up