INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist/Search Help  (Read 988 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Smartlist/Search Help
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:28:24 am »

I think this should be an easy fix, but I can't see my issue. Hopefully another pair of smarter eyes will do the trick.
I'm trying to make a view or smartlist that will display all of my files that have naughty words in them, based off of a search on the lyrics field.

This is the search string I'm using:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Singer]=[Instrumental] [Lyrics]= ("Expletive1" or "Expletive2" or "Expletive3" or "#$%#" or "#$%^" or "!!!!" or "%^*%^" or "###$$@" or "@##$%")
The search seems to search every field except the lyrics field. ? My assumption is that it is actually searching all of the 'default search fields' as specified in the options.
So, my question is then what do I need to change in my search string to actually search in the lyrics field? Another option, really, would be to search the lyrics field in addition to fields like [Name] and [Artist].

Thanks for any pointers,
Jon

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist/Search Help
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 12:35:09 pm »

You just need [lyrics]= followed by each search term seperated with a comma. there should be no spaces. if you want to search for a phrase as opposed to a word, wrap the phrase in quotation marks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up