INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.140 -- Available Here  (Read 4651 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.140 -- Available Here
« on: March 16, 2009, 08:22:59 am »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC13/MediaCenter130140.exe

13.0.140 (03/13/2009)

1. Optimized: More speed improvements to filename-based fields for faster searches and view loading.
2. Optimized: Album analyzer (fills album artist auto, mix albums, etc.) is much faster.
3. Changed: In JRiver edit boxes, Shift+Delete did not place the deleted text on the clipboard.
4. Fixed: When using WASAPI, pausing playback, then starting another track, a little of the previous track could play.
5. NEW: Reworked how 'Recently Imported' and 'Recently Ripped' are pruned at shutdown -- always keeps things 7 days old or newer, keeps last 50 items (breaks on album boundaries), removes entire playlist after nothing new for 30 days. (Options > General > Advanced > Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist skips this logic and deletes the playlists on shutdown)
6. Fixed: On a fresh install, the stock smartlist "Recently Played" could show files that had not yet been played if nothing in the library had been played.
7. Fixed: Using a startup volume setting could cause the setting to unexpectedly get applied when new playback was started in a zone.
8. Fixed: Television recordings would always be detected as having external changes by auto-import, causing an unnecessary file analysis and rebuilding of thumbnails.
9. Changed: When navigating left on a secondary Theater View roller, it will skip the blank spot.
10. Changed: When looping right on a secondary Theater View roller, it will skip the back and blank spots.

13.0.139 (03/12/2009)

1. NEW: Theater View second roller has blank spot and back item.
2. Changed: Included more complete Spanish translation.
3. Optimized: Improved performance of core filename parser, making many operations (especially searches and views that are based on paths) faster.
4. Optimized: Core date handling routines faster.
5. Fixed: Theater View playlist navigation was not working properly.
6. Changed: Updated all translation files to include the latest strings, and removed obsolete strings.
7. Fixed: JRiver Bitrate Monitor/CoreAVC Decoder/DirectVobSub combination in video playback did not work (black screen).

13.0.138 (03/11/2009)

1. NEW: Added functions Length(...), Left(...), and Right(...) to the expression language.
2. NEW: Added function Math(...) to expression language for evaluating mathematical formulas.
3. Fixed: Spectrum analyzers would not update properly when resizing the player window.
4. Optimized: Reduced resource usage (slightly) when playback is stopped.
5. Fixed: Fast forwarding/rewinding television had bursts of sound if audio output was SPDIF.
6. Changed: Added support for ID3v2.2 TCO (genre) and TPA (disc number) frames.
7. Optimized: Numerous core database optimizations to improve performance for libraries with a lot of playlists.
8. Fixed: Video stream selection changes were not saved to database.

13.0.137 (03/10/2009)

1. Fixed: When viewing Theater View's root with playback stopped, pressing the Green button on an MCE remote will shift the keyboard focus to Media Center in the event that a different program was focused.
2. Fixed: The default button on a dialog could draw unreadable text with the Noire skin.
3. Fixed: Media Editor's file save dialog didn't always work nicely on Vista / Windows Server 2008.
4. Changed: During ATSC digital channel scanning, analog channels (those with minor channel number 0) are ignored.
5. Fixed: Navigating into some Theater View roots did not work (only applies to build 136).
6. Optimized: Many optimizations to improve Theater View view switching performance.
7. NEW: When using a list management window (like Theater View views, etc.) double-clicking an item will edit it, and double-clicking an empty area will add a new item.
8. Fixed: The Customize View dialog would show a "Commands..." button instead of the list of buttons in cases where it didn't need to.
9. Fixed: Internal Volume control was not available for some analog TV tuners that should have internal volume control.
10. Fixed: Library views that showed stacks of files based on a date-type field would not work correctly when navigating into the stack.
11. Changed: Pushing left to go back in Theater View will focus the leftmost item on the secondary roller, another left will go to the top roller, and another left will return to the home view.

13.0.136 (03/09/2009)

1. Changed: Reenabled background cover art lookup by default, but capped how many covers a silent auto-import will get each run.
2. Changed: Removed page up / page down support in Theater View rollers (also MCE remote channel buttons).
3. Changed: Navigating all the way left on a secondary roller in Theater View will shift focus to the main roller.
4. Changed: Faded the text more of duplicate times in Theater View's television view.
5. Fixed: With certain hardware, the volume on screen display could flash each pause, seek, etc.
6. Fixed: Theater View navigation could fail when using a language other than English.
7. Optimized: Switching between different library views in Theater View is faster.

13.0.135 (03/06/2009)

1. Optimized: When the program is minimized, there is one less user-interface related thread running (albeit the thread was mostly idle).
2. Changed: Theater View's Playing Now didn't show the playback commands roller.
3. Fixed: Reading MP3 tags could crash in rare cases.
4. Changed: MC will show a message box and put TV tuner device in error state when repeated attempts to record a television channel fail due to low signal or faulty tuner device.
5. Fixed: "ScreenGrab to File" in DVD/Video did not save image in user specified location.
6. Changed: By default, auto-import will not analyze audio or get cover art.  These can still be enabled in Options > Library & Folders.

13.0.134 (03/05/2009)

1. Changed: Added Configure buttons to "Select Filters" window to display DirectShow filter property pages if available.
2. Fixed: In-place edits could show the edit control shifted down more than expected.
3. Changed: The FormatDate(...) expression function accepts a new format "DateTime" that formats using the system format and includes the time. ("Date" style doesn't include time)
4. Optimized: Removed some file system I/O done at program startup, making startup faster.
5. Optimized: Switched all stock skins to use only PNG image types for faster skin loading.
6. Changed: Streamlined television OSD when recording/starting/changing channel.
7. NEW: Revised Theater View roller layout to make player controls (pause, playback, vol, etc.) more visible.
8. NEW: Added The Onion as a Theater View news site.
9. Changed: Improved how Theater View news works with roller-based Theater View skins like Obsidian.

13.0.133 (03/04/2009)

1. Fixed: The new "Select Filters..." tool from context menu could fail to load and save settings when a video is played from the Internet (such as YouTube).
2. Fixed: Input plug-in section of Plugin Manager always showed an empty file types box.
3. Fixed: Auto-sizing multiline columns like lyrics would not work correctly.
4. Fixed: When drawing "..." at the end of truncated text, sometimes only one or two dots would get drawn instead of three.
5. Changed: Improved support for external cover art on a portable install.
6. Fixed: When doing a lossless JPEG rotation on an image, sometimes it could double-rotate by rotating the image data and setting the EXIF orientation to "Normal". (now rotation will always set the EXIF orientation to normal, and then take this into account during actual image data rotation)
7. Fixed: When an EXIF tag had multiple rotation tags, only one would be updated during lossless image rotation.
8. Optimized: Thumbnail database maintenance no longer scans thumbnail database on program shutdown. (scanning for orphan thumbnails is done when adding a new thumbnail, where it causes no performance hit since the database is loaded at that time regardless)
9. Changed: If Media Center fails to load an image for a file (database says tag has image but it doesn't or database points to missing external file), the image field will get cleared so there isn't a mismatch between the thumbnail and what can actually be loaded.
10. Changed: Updated APE decoding / encoder to the latest Monkey's Audio code. (fixes problem where corrupt frames could play as static instead of silence)
11. Fixed: When finishing playback of the last audio file in a playlist, the player could blink "Buffering..." a few times in the player bar.
12. Changed: When changing the "Pan & Zoom" setting using the on screen display during image playback, the setting change is permanent instead of temporary.
13. Changed: The dialog that (optionally) shows when inserting a new disc is no longer shown when in Display View or Theater View.
14. Changed: When entering Television view in Theater View, it will focus the Guide, Recordings, etc. roller.
15. Fixed: Incorrect progress indicator while protected WMA tracks were transferring to a device.

13.0.132 (03/02/2009)

1. Changed: Television view in Theater View draws the time in front of program names faded out.
2. Fixed: The play button on an MCE remote would not toggle pause while playing fullscreen.
3. Fixed: The Enter key (OK on MCE remote) would not pause DVD playback like it would with other forms of playback.
4. Changed: When changing the volume, an on screen display will be shown.
5. Changed: The page up / page down (channel up / channel down on MCE remote) allows looping in Theater View lists. (uses timer to prevent loops from key repeats)
6. Changed: When selecting a Theater View roller item that navigates (like Back, Playing Now, etc.), first the selection will move, then the navigation will occur.  This makes it more clear what is happening.
7. Changed: Theater View rollers look smoother when switching views.
8. Changed: When user starts to record a TV program using right-click or OSD menu, the program name is briefly displayed on screen.
9. Fixed: Drawing partially transparent text onto a transparent background (Theater View, etc.) could result in artifacts.
10. Changed: MCE remote buttons "Guide" and "Recorded Television" show corresponding view in Theater View.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 13.0.140 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 09:15:25 am »

13.0.138 (03/11/2009)

1. NEW: Added functions Length(...), Left(...), and Right(...) to the expression language.
2. NEW: Added function Math(...) to expression language for evaluating mathematical formulas.

WOOT!!!!!

Where can we find more info on the Math() function?

Cheers,

Mark

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:24:19 am »

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:06:59 am »

Before I install this, I need to ask a question about:

5. NEW: Reworked how 'Recently Imported' and 'Recently Ripped' are pruned at shutdown -- always keeps things 7 days old or newer, keeps last 50 items (breaks on album boundaries), removes entire playlist after nothing new for 30 days. (Options > General > Advanced > Clear 'Recently Imported' playlist skips this logic and deletes the playlists on shutdown)

I hope you mean there is a way to turn this feature completely off and have previous functionality, right?  I mean I don't ever want MC to remove items automatically from 'Recently Imported' and I use those for a burn & backup plan I've implemented and sometime it might be 3 to 9 months before I actually do these tasks (rare, but it happens).  I like manually managing 'Recently Imported' (removing items after I've backed them up).

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 12:04:30 pm »

I hope you mean there is a way to turn this feature completely off and have previous functionality, right?...

There isn't. The list will be handled automatically. You must revise your strategy.

For instance:

- Create a library new field (name it as "Backed Up" or similar). You can configure it to allow only a single value like "1" or "x".
- Do a search that excludes the files in the "Recently Imported" playlist.
- Mark the found files as backed up.
- Create a new smartlist that shows only files that have an empty "Backed Up" value. This smartlist will be your new automatic "files to backup" list from now on. When you want to remove files from this list tag the "Backed Up" field instead of pressing delete.
- Install the new build.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 12:27:41 pm »

Wow, lots of new stuff to try out when I get home. Thanks!

sail121j

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 04:52:12 pm »

Tried to change a visualization using visualization Studio - the one I tried to edit was  'collage - clean-n-tidy'.  After varying the size of the font and saving the change, all of the writing gets overwritten and the size of the album art gets so large as to obliterate the text.  I can't seem to fix it by reverting to the original nor restarting the software or my computer.

Jack

imugli

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2009, 05:28:08 pm »

8. NEW: Added The Onion as a Theater View news site.

This is fantastic. This is one of the funniest sites arond. Good Job!

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2009, 06:30:40 pm »

13.0.133 (03/04/2009)

15. Fixed: Incorrect progress indicator while protected WMA tracks were transferring to a device.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 11:36:14 pm »

EDIT: I'm going to have to temporarily retract the following as I've just discovered that Symantec Firewall etc. is causing some weird problems with my HTPC in general.

The filter list during certain mkv playback shows the file's path (e.g. m:\Dragon Hunters 720p BluRay h264 AC3.mkv") instead of "Haali Splitter".

Funnily enough, these are the same foreign movies that I have trouble with displaying subtitles with in MC13, but not in MC12 with the same filter settings. Even though ffdshow subtitle filter and DirectVobSub are selected, they fail to load with MC13, but are fine in MC12. Other filters in use at the time are: CoreAVC, AC3filter, Haali Splitter and Haali renderer.

Otherwise, I can see I'll benefit from many of the changes made since the last public build. I'm loving the filter configuration ability during video playback.

dcwebman

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 07:06:41 am »

I hope you mean there is a way to turn this feature completely off and have previous functionality, right?
One other thought is what I do. I may not get around to tagging things immediately after importing so I copy the contents of Recently Imported into a Working playlist. Then as I work through that playlist, I delete the items that I completed.
Jeff

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 09:18:55 am »

One other thought is what I do. I may not get around to tagging things immediately after importing so I copy the contents of Recently Imported into a Working playlist. Then as I work through that playlist, I delete the items that I completed.

Yeah, I know...but, I like the automatic way using Recently Imported and deleting manually (always/only) from Recently Imported.  Now there's an extra step in there I have to remember to do (a step backwards in functionality/features).

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2009, 03:27:32 pm »

7. NEW: Revised Theater View roller layout to make player controls (pause, playback, vol, etc.) more visible.
I love the new "Play" command that is immediately selectable when I choose an album that I just want to play entirely.

I think I've found a bug:
I set a prebuffering of 20 seconds of audio. If I use the player command "Stop after current file" when MC is playing the last 20 seconds of a song, it doesn't stop at the end of that song but it plays the following too and then stops at the end of it. No problem if I use it before the last 20 seconds.

As suggested by JimH in another thread I report here that the Track info screen doesn't update automatically if some change occurs to the track's tags. If I change the rating of a song, for example, using CTRL+SHIFT+n, I have to switch to another track info screen and then return to force the update and see the new rating displayed.

And... is it me or the current playing time isn't constant? :o There are moments when a second seems to be longer, than the next two change faster to catch up...

MerlinWerks

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 08:34:16 am »

Install hangs when installing KB902344. Is it really necessary to automatically install this? Per MS, "Only apply it to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next release that contains this hotfix." This is the first machine I've installed .140 on that had this problem, it also happens to be my work laptop. At first i thought a group policy may be preventing installation of any updates, but I downloaded KB902344 separately, installed it and then installed MC.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 09:12:04 am »

It's not possible to store the column setup in the "rip details" view.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51060.msg349073#msg349073
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 09:47:37 am »

It's generally bad form for an application to force-install an MSFT update.  You can twiddle the installer to require the update and even fire off an MSIE/MU session to let the user get the install done.  But to force it behind the scenes isn't the friendliest way to git 'er dun.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 05:36:24 pm »

I too was locking up on th MS install - I did the KB install manually and everything is now fine - but not a good install experience.

Another issue: When downloading my library from a remote server, my 2Mb library is reporting 2Gb.
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

ghaun

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 10:47:47 am »

Hello,

If I have MC12 installed, how do I migrate my zones.  MC13 installed side-by-side.  I have 18 zones and don't want to have to redo them all.

Thanks,

G

MusicHawk

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 01:59:45 pm »

I agree that automatically "cleaning" Recently Ripped and Recently Imported is not especially desirable. Anything where MC overrides the user's action -- Importing and Ripping are USER actions -- is risky. At the least, these actions should be user-controllable.

I also worry about this one: If Media Center fails to load an image for a file (database says tag has image but it doesn't or database points to missing external file), the image field will get cleared so there isn't a mismatch between the thumbnail and what can actually be loaded.

That's destructive to data, always risky. What if there's a TEMPORARY user-side reason an external file can't be found? Maybe it's on an external drive that wasn't powered up, or on a network share? Maybe not common, but letting MC automatically delete data from a library is scary. If this action is retained, please make it user-controllable.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 02:02:49 pm »

I agree that automatically "cleaning" Recently Ripped and Recently Imported is not especially desirable. Anything where MC overrides the user's action -- Importing and Ripping are USER actions -- is risky. At the least, these actions should be user-controllable.

The old default was to clear them every close of the program.  The new default is more conservative.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 05:11:17 pm »

The old default was to clear them every close of the program.  The new default is more conservative.

Did I misunderstand the recent change? I thought the only controllable action was/is "Clear Recently Imported playlist on exit", and I've always disabled this. I don't see an option to control Recently Ripped, but until the recent announced change this playlist seemed to NOT be cleared on exit, or perhaps was controlled by the Recently Imported preference.

Right now in MC 13.0.140, I have 2 CDs, total of 43 tracks, in Recently Ripped that I ripped on 3/13, and today is 3/20. I can exit and restart MC and the tracks are still in the playlist. Are they still there because while it's more than 7 days there are fewer than 50 tracks, but some of them would be cleared I rip another CD to exceed 50 total tracks? PAUSE in typing while I try that....

I just ripped 17 more tracks so Recently Ripped lists 3 CDs, total of 60 tracks. I closed MC, restarted, all 60 tracks still listed in Recently Ripped, even though 43 of them were ripped 8 days ago. Will they be cleared after 30 days? Or (I hope) because I still have "Clear Recently Imported playlist on exit" unchecked, they'll be retained until I manually remove them?

I'm hoping to retain control (ability to disable the automatic mode) because I'll often do a bunch of ripping in a batch (while watching TV or doing some work or even just chatting), then let it sit for days or even weeks until I can get the time to do the listening/tagging, which requires NOT doing anything else. I do the same with importing, which is how I add vinyl rips. I'll digitize a big stack of albums over several hours/days, then at another time (months later, sometimes) get the time and quiet to do all the cleanup and editing, then do a big import into MC, then sometime later do the tagging. This can span months (stuff happens), so I'm hoping to prevent MC from "helping" me lose track of this work in progress.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

raldo

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 05:49:32 pm »

[...]
 then at another time (months later, sometimes) get the time and quiet to do all the cleanup and editing, then do a big import into MC, then sometime later do the tagging. This can span months (stuff happens), so I'm hoping to prevent MC from "helping" me lose track of this work in progress.
What about the following approach:
o You place Rips/downloads or whatever needs tagging/cleanup in particular folders.
o The filename of these folders contains the words "Rips" or "Downloads"
o These folders are imported with autoimport.
o Then you make smartlists (if(contains(filename,"Rips") ) which will contain the files you've ripped.
o After you've cleaned up, you move/rename the files to your "regular" folders

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 09:52:49 am »

I think I've found a bug:
I set a prebuffering of 20 seconds of audio. If I use the player command "Stop after current file" when MC is playing the last 20 seconds of a song, it doesn't stop at the end of that song but it plays the following too and then stops at the end of it. No problem if I use it before the last 20 seconds.
New discovering. If I try to change the rating of a song on the fly using CTRL+SHIFT+number during the preload time, it's the following song that's tagged, not the one that's still playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up