INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sort ignored for calculated field  (Read 1145 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Sort ignored for calculated field
« on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:41 am »

I create a smart list with a custom field called "playback score", see also http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51091.msg348480#msg348480.

In that smartlist I sort my files descending by playback score. Initially, that works. After playing some of the tracks the field gets updated in a way that the score changes depending on some file properties (last play, number plays). I press F5 which does not resort. I click on the column header - no resort.

After closing and reopening again, the smartlist is still not sorted by that field. But now it's possible to sort the list correctly by clicking on the column header. But I would expect to automatically sort the list after every refresh. I checked this for build in fields. Here things work as expected.

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Sort ignored for calculated field
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 08:27:51 am »

With build 13.143 this error is still there. When starting MC and activating my smartlist the sort looks ok. In my smart scheme I have set up the rule to sort by "playback score" (which is the calculated field).

After playing some tracks I press F5 to update the list order. The sort gets not updated. Even after switching to other views and back it remains wrong. Even a restart of MC does not resolve this issue. Maybe a restart of the machine does it, otherwise I could not test this again with a clean beginning.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 08:56:09 am »

it seems to be working in views.. how do those values look. i it a decimal or a integer. i had some problem with decimal calculated fields not sorting as expected (but maybe more as alphabetic), when i started to play around with it.

:)
gab

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 11:01:39 am »

For calculated fields I cannot decide which data type to use. The field contents appear as decimal values.

I hope you can see the screenshot below. Here you can see how things look like:
[img width= height=]http://lh3.ggpht.com/_5I_LxoWCrOg/ScZgNy3FeDI/AAAAAAAAA_A/10mzIjcbElQ/s144/tmp%20mcscreenshot.jpg[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up