INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Lib Fields Resetting To Default Data Type  (Read 868 times)

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Stock Lib Fields Resetting To Default Data Type
« on: March 23, 2009, 06:43:44 pm »

Recently, as of build 140 I believe (but might only be since 143), the stock fields whose Data Type I have modified have been resetting to their default Data Type.
The two fields that it's occurring for are Mood and Situation, both of which come as "String" stock. I changed both to "List" type fields a while back (maybe even with MC12) and all has been fine and dandy with them until now. I have changed both fields back to "List" a few times now, making sure to note that MC closed down without any issue.

Has something subtle changed where I need to check a box to keep these fields as List types now or is this a bug or something that has been modified on purpose (but incompletely)?

Thanks for clarification,
JB

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Stock Lib Fields Resetting To Default Data Type
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:15:58 am »

Changing those fieds "list" type seem to work for me. I tried that with a new library that had only the default fields and some test files. I have swithced to that library and restarted MC a few times. The settings seem to stick just fine.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Stock Lib Fields Resetting To Default Data Type
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 06:54:12 am »

I was afraid this would be unique, since I didn't see any other mention of the issue happening here on the JR boards.

Anyone have any ideas as to where to look for a cause?
All other portions of my library/database seem fine (I haven't investigated thoroughly yet though...)

-JB
Pages: [1]   Go Up