INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert single ape and cue to track files  (Read 29745 times)

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
Convert single ape and cue to track files
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:33:19 pm »

Is there a simple way to convert a single ape and cue file to individual track files.

I usually import my music from a separate folder make my tag updates and stuff and then move it into a central server where my kids then import it into their libraries.
I imported the cue file made the changes I wanted but then when I tried to move it using library tools I lost the tracks.
I tried to delete and start over but the file will now not import, the ignore previously removed is not checked.

Do I need to re-rip the CD?

I'm on MC12, haven't quite got around to moving the family to 13 yet.

Thanks

AndyCircuit

• World Citizen
Re: Convert single ape and cue to track files
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:35:21 pm »

Actually the easiest way to do this is still Foobar2000
http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=Download
downlad the Monkey's Audio decoding support as well and copy it to the program/components folder
(The ALAC decoding support for m4a Apple can be useful sometimes)
Open the cue file with foobar, mark all tracks shown up, right click and convert to same folder (use ape for output if you want to keep them in this format)
If no tracks show up open the cue file with wordpad and check if the filename of your source file fits
Flac and wv is supported out of the box, good luck
Electricians do it 'til it Hz

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:35:25 pm »

Cue splitting works quite well in MC13 (MC12 had some problems).

If auto-import does not work some reason an easy workaround is to simply drag the cue file to Playing Now, select the tracks and convert them to a standard track file format.

As Krazykanuck said, naturally the filename inside the cue file must be correct: If the format is APE, but filename extension inside the cue file is wav that must be fixed with Notepad or a similar plain text editor. (Change .wav" WAVE to .ape" WAVE.)

Ape and Flac are supported by default and a Wavpack plugin for MC13 is available here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=49851.msg347312#msg347312
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

traolach

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 06:04:12 am »

:PHello boys and girls. I'm new to this, so bear with me! I have a number of folders with one .ape and one .cue file in each. I have foobar, monkey's audio and j river. My problem is how to get any of these programs to integrate the individual track info from the cue file with the outputted tracks since I just get 1 big wav file, which I then split into mp3s with magix audio lab but the track titles are lost. I've op[ened the .cue with notepad and all the info is there. Anyway this seems a really roundbout way of going at it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up