INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Face recognition for photos!  (Read 2760 times)

chriswale

• World Citizen
Face recognition for photos!
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:02:10 am »

Hi,

I've been organizing my photos in MC. Tagging people in the photos is a tedious task, but an important one never the less.
Is there any feature for automatic people tagging? Face recognition? Is this in the pipeline?

I've tested Google Picasa 3 Web Albums, and their face recognition feature is awesome, but not useful for me.

Oh, and one more thing... when will we be able to tag people in the image (like with facebook) instead of tagging just the field? so that when I mouse over the images in 50 years I will still be able to tell who is who!  :)

Face recognition, people tagging, please tell!
Looking forward to this response!

Regards,
Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Face recognition for photos!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 10:04:14 am »

I've been organizing my photos in MC. Tagging people in the photos is a tedious task, but an important one never the less.
Is there any feature for automatic people tagging? Face recognition? Is this in the pipeline?
Not at this time.  Possible in the future.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 10:16:13 am »

+1 for this.
I tried picasa face recognition a couple of weeks ago: it IS awesome! And it makes tagging photos much easier!

chriswale

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 10:20:29 am »

+100 for this feature.
I tell you, if Picasa 3 incorporated this feature from their Web Albums to their desktop version, I would have a hard time deciding what to use, Picasa or MC.  For now, MC has much better filtering features than anything else... for music, and images.

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 07:49:01 am »

After all this time, I HAVE to find the best photo organizer program I can. I had 2 boxes of photo albums that I finally got tired of carrying around and sent the photos off to two different companies for scanning. Now I have thousands of photos I need to tag. Everyone raved about Picasa and the face recognition, updating the web albums automatically, create movies, etc. seemed exciting. I started by simply trying to create a movie for my daughter's birthday of all the photos I had of her growing up. I was about 2/3 done and something happened and I lost everything I had done in Picasa. Had to redo it and then tried creating a movie with the photo length to match the background audio. Stuttered with everything I tried and then saw that was a common problem. I ended up having to create a movie with no sound and using Premiere Elements to create the movie. No more Picasa for me.

I've tried Photoshop Elements before and that works but was slow and limiting. Plus I'll eventually want to be able to use the web gallery to get away from PhotoThumb for my own websites. MC seems great but there are all these image management features missing, but at least it allows me to create library fields and do more customization if necessary. I already have numerous files tagged with an old Elements version so I don't want to redo all those again. I'm just in a quandary as what to do because I don't want to keep switching programs and would really like to find just one that will do what I need which seems pretty basic to me.
Jeff

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 08:01:14 am »

MC seems great but there are all these image management features missing, but at least it allows me to create library fields and do more customization if necessary.
What features are missing?  What's your short list?

dcwebman

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 04:31:11 pm »

What features are missing?  What's your short list?
I started a new topic so you would be able to get a better answer. Thanks for the interest!
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up