INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AVI files are under Audio Tab?  (Read 1393 times)

krosenqu

• Recent member
AVI files are under Audio Tab?
« on: March 26, 2009, 11:48:47 pm »

I recently started shooting video with a Poloroid HD camcorder.  The files outputed to the SD card are avi.  I'm curious why these videos would show up in the audio tab instead of in the video tab, like all the rest of my avi files from my digital cameras?

I have FFDshow installed and media center correctly plays the files as shown with no problem (without ffdshow, the files dont play).  MediaCenter seems to classify them in the wrong location!

Any ideas?  Have you seen this before?  Also, windows shows thumbnails of the video clips just fine under file manager.  MediaCenter shows all of the thumbnails of my other cameras' videos just fine.  Only avi taken from the poloroid shows up under AUDIO.

The first clip is the view from the Hancock observatory room in Chicago.  The video looks and plays great (HD) but is in the wrong location in MediaCenter.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: AVI files are under Audio Tab?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 07:16:45 am »

Tools -> Options -> File Types -> Video -> AVI.  Choose "JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters)".  Select video decoder.

Select the files, right-click, choose "Library Tools" -> "Update Library (from tags)".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 07:18:23 am »

You can change "media type" in the tag for the ones that failed to be added to video.

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 11:13:22 am »

Wow, knew there must be a simple answer ;)
Thanks for the support and a great product!
-Kevin Rosenquist

krosenqu

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 11:48:32 pm »

This is probably a longshot, but...

Is there an easy answer for why thumbnails are generated in Windows but not with MediaCenter?  I know that video doesn't seem to be MediaCenter's forte and that this problem is mostly the fault of Poloroid, but maybe there's hope? :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 06:59:04 am »

MC will generate thumbnails for anything it plays natively.  For instance, if you have it set to play a filetype with Quicktime, it won't thumbnail it.  But if you change the MC setting to play it with Directshow, MC will make a thumbnail.  Directshow settings are under filetype in latest builds, and under playback in earlier builds.  Directshow is detailed in our wiki (link above).
Pages: [1]   Go Up