INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: news in thv  (Read 1137 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
news in thv
« on: March 27, 2009, 09:13:53 am »

it seems like im using thv all the time now.

and i use the news part, but only to read what is going on over there. i dont know if this would be to much work or to complex, but i would be really happy if there would be a way to add our own rss feeds to news (and maybe remove some  ;) ).

i thought i can always ask..

:)
gab

btw: there is a small thing broken in the comedycentral part. hit enter on a 'joke' and there comes some code in the page..

brossmac

• World Citizen
Re: news in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 11:44:28 pm »

I second that.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:11:04 am »

The trick is that we need to convert whatever the RSS feed points to (normally HTML) to text that looks nice in Theater View.  I'm not sure of a generalized way to do it well.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Talios

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 08:20:08 pm »

I had another idea for the news section.  Not sure if this would be realistic to implement but I've been thinking how neat it would be to select an article and have an option to do an on-the-fly text-to-speech conversion.  There are getting to be some much better voices out in internet land and the option of getting to hear the article while doing something else is definitely appealing to me.  Again, not sure how realistic or difficult this might be, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up