INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mpeg4 videos and thumbnails  (Read 1329 times)

CadErik

• World Citizen
Mpeg4 videos and thumbnails
« on: March 29, 2009, 08:27:06 pm »

I recently noticed that with the most recent version of MC, I don't have thumbnails for any of my mp4 files. They play fine using the codecs (I don't have quicktime installed) but MC seems to refuse building thumbnails. I'm quite certain that this used to work in the past...

Erik.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mpeg4 videos and thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 11:09:07 pm »

Check the renderer you're using for mp4 files. Some do not allow screen captures. Haali is one of these renderer, but I love to use it to avoid tearing etc. I have to change renderer to VMR9 in order to take a screen grab though. THe default thumbnails are just screenshots taken 5 seconds (I think) into video playback.

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 11:14:56 pm »

Check the renderer you're using for mp4 files. Some do not allow screen captures. Haali is one of these renderer, but I love to use it to avoid tearing etc. I have to change renderer to VMR9 in order to take a screen grab though.

Huh where to set that? I believe Haali is the one used (have seen the name) but no clue where that setting is...

Erik.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:20:25 am »

Go to tools>options>file types...
Under video, you'll see Quicktime (mp4 etc) as one of the choices. When you click on it, you'll see what filters are being used.
Playback may be set to automatic, or Quicktime, or J River engine using DirectShow filters (among other possibilities). If the last, set the renderer to Video Mixing Renderer 9.
If it's one of the others like Quicktime, you'll have to try to change it to J River engine using DirectShow filters.
Then we have to know which filters you have installed in your PC before I can help you.
Do you have CoreAVC installed?
CCCP?

I'm not at home right now, so I'm not able to help much more than this at the moment.

Pages: [1]   Go Up