INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13 Released  (Read 4611 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13 Released
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:52:42 am »

If you're using an older version of JRiver Media Center, please take a look at MC13.  You can get a copy from the download page here:

www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Here's the Canned Description:

Powerful all-in-one media software.  Organize, play, tag all types of media files.  Rip, Burn, serve via UPnP, DLNA, TiVo.  Audiophile quality, Ten foot mode, remote control, HD TV recording in realtime with EPG.  Customizable media views.  3D views.  Supports over 80 media file formats.  Integration with Facebook, Flickr, Audible, Amazon MP3, Google, Youtube, Wikipedia.  Cover art lookup.

But that doesn't begin to describe what MC13 does.

Here's a Partial List of Features.

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Media Center 13 Released
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:54:44 am »

Party Time

KingDoughnut

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 11:59:12 am »

Just to clarify....This DOES replace [is newer than] the other 13.0.xxx versions correct?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 12:02:10 pm »

Just to clarify....This DOES replace [is newer than] the other 13.0.xxx versions correct?
The current download is 13.0.115.

Christopher Robin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 10:09:30 pm »

Nice going y'all!

CR

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 11:14:26 am »

If you're using an older version of JRiver Media Center, please take a look at MC13.  You can get a copy from the download page here:

www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

but your still sell MC12 :) http://www.jrmediacenter.com/purchase.html

harpyrec

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2009, 06:53:45 pm »

i had not thought about river media since version nine!i had given up on a good media  player.  i was using a few different ones and wasn't happy with one single player.  then i remembered i had purchased nine before my old pc had blown up,.

i figured i had a right to some sort of discount but i wanted to see if there had been any upgrades worth bothering with.  i have released my own cds and i played them both on version 13 and i have to say i was elated not only at the sound increase but at the ease of changing the sounds and the variose dsp heaven which i like to call it.

anyways thank you folks for solving my problem and also for making it only 20 bucks for the upgrade,many companaies would have been greedy and asked for another full purchase.  i'm not naming any one but you can guess. 

adios friends and try for a good version 14 when you can.   but dont rush it.  you have a good product that has only a few snags and they aren't bad ones.

i'm not someone who is after visual issues so much as why we are using this for and that's sound!

harpy

leehrsn

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:52 pm »

MC13's DVD-R has crashed my machine several times.  I'm also surprised that there's so much visual clutter that you say can't be fixed.  Please refund my money.  Even Winamp doesn't force users to use any annoying visual gadgets, and it's free.  I'm willing to pay for a media player but I don't like having features backfire on me or constantly annoy me.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 05:44:44 pm »

MC13's DVD-R has crashed my machine several times.  I'm also surprised that there's so much visual clutter that you say can't be fixed.  Please refund my money.  Even Winamp doesn't force users to use any annoying visual gadgets, and it's free.  I'm willing to pay for a media player but I don't like having features backfire on me or constantly annoy me.  Thanks.
That is probably a configuration issue.  Update to the latest build from the top of this board.  Then in Tools/Options/Filetypes all the way at the bottom, there are playback options for DVD.  Set it to Automatic.

lppwlu

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:13:11 pm »

I had been  using Media Center 11 and was not unhappy with it. For the past few weeks it has not been working. So in an effort to correct problems-noticed the check for upgrades. My series of clicking-got me into a trial of MC13. Now if I have to pay, I wish I had not gotten into this.  If upgrades are going to come frequently-it becomes to costly. Might as well pay at $40 yearly fee.

If something isn't offered to provide me with a functional program-I will be no longer using this program-and recommendations will certainly not come from me.

Lpp

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 11:09:23 pm »

The cost to upgrade is $20 and they don't quite release a new version per year so it's probably around $15/year to stay up to date.  Easily the most valuable piece of software I have...dollar for dollar it's so far above anything else.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 06:50:51 am »

In the FAQ at the top of this board, you'll find a link to MC11.1.

If you have an MC11 license, it's $20 to upgrade to MC13.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 11:27:34 am »

I wish you'd some day put out a webcast to show how all these
features work.

Skylar
Pages: [1]   Go Up