INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics editor  (Read 3226 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Lyrics editor
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:44:21 am »

Hi. I have just started using Doof's lyrics editor and I like it a lot.  I do have a recurring problem, when I click search for lyrics and I select certian sites like Lyricsmode.com it locks up and I have to kill MC.  It seems that the sites that do not allow you to highlight and copy the lyrics create this problem but not all of them.

Also, is there a way to just list the songs that do not have lyrics?  I use the highlight mode and that is wonderful but I still have to scroll through 14,000 songs.  Another feature that would be nice is the ability to select and play a song on the list.

Thanks!

Tunetyme

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
Re: Lyrics editor
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:54:25 am »

For the second part of your question, I use a smartlist. The smartlist has only music with missing lyrics. You can select the smartlist from Lyrics Editor (it's at the top) or drive it from playing now. If you use playing now, just play your smartlist.

[Lyrics]=[] [Media Type]=[Audio]

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 09:56:54 am »

I missed the questio - ability to select and play a song on the list.

When you have Lyrics Editor open, you can select a track. If you press the button called Preview, it will play that track.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 08:00:39 pm »

Thanks Magic_Randy !!

As I said, I just started using it so preview solves that problem.  After a couple of years of primarily ripping CD's, building the database, rating songs and generally filling in all the blanks I am finally moving beyond the basics stage and learning and using some of the audio features in MC.  As yet I haven't pushed all the buttons just to see what happens yet. 

Any ideas or experience with crashing when you go to sites like lyricsmode.com?

Tunetyme

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:07 am »

I only have 1 idea regarding problems with searching - and your lockups.

When you use Lyrics Editor, you can use the internal web browser or link out to your standard browser.

I do not use the internal browser. I'm not sure why, but I know there was some problem. You may want to experiment with this option.

Lyrics Editor--> Options-->Miscellaneous-->uncheck "Use internal web browser for searches"

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 09:29:36 pm »

I just turned off the internal browser and it seems to be working fine.  Thanks!

Tunetyme

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 09:53:41 pm »

If I remember correctly, it may have something to do with pop up ads, which are common on these sites.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 10:13:48 pm »

I hate to admit it, but it's been a really long time since even I've used Lyrics Editor. But... I think there's an option in it somewhere to filter out files that have lyrics. If not, you can just use the smartlist trick that Magic_Randy mentioned. It may perform better that way anyway.

And as for the whole internal browser thing... I wanted there to be a way that you could just highlight the lyrics you wanted and click a single button and have them automatically added to the file. It would just be easier than right clicking on the lyrics, choosing copy, closing the browser window, and then pasting them in. The down side to that is that it requires using .NET's IE engine, which, as Magic_Randy pointed out, did nothing to stop popups. So that's when I added in the option to use the default browser instead.

I keep thinking of getting back to this plugin and doing a couple of updates on it, but I always wind up finding other things to do to occupy my time with. It's good to hear people are still finding it useful, though. :)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 08:49:37 am »

Doof, I liked the feature that allows you to highlight and import.  The only problem is, it locks up.  I would encourage you to take another look at lyrics editor as this has become the primary tool to import lyrics for MC.  One other problem that I noticed is that when you place the cursor over a button the pop up explaining what the button does is cut off horizontally and it isn't readable so you have to select it to see what it does.

If it is helpful to use this thread to identify possible improvements to the lyrics editor I will be glad to post my observations as I continue to use lrics editor to fill in all the blanks in my database.

Tunetyme

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 07:32:27 am »

Doof, since there is alot of junk when you search with google is it possible to set up a search with the sites that are added under options?
Pages: [1]   Go Up