INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 13.0.152 -- Available Here  (Read 6640 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 13.0.152 -- Available Here
« on: April 15, 2009, 04:23:41 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 13.0.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC13.0 is here:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter130152.exe

13.0.152 (04/15/2009)

1.  Fixed: Setting external programs for file types in options did not always work properly.

13.0.151 (04/13/2009)

1. NEW: MC supports Hauppauge HD PVR Capture Device.
2. Changed: Added MTS to file types list, and put it together with M2TS file type into a new category - AVCHD Video.
3. Fixed: Theater View Television view did not properly allow switching views. (only applies to build 150)
4. Changed: Theater View file commands roller doesn't wrap tail elements to the left on wide screens since left goes back instead of to the tail.
5. Changed: Merged Theater View roller configuration for Default and Alternate navigation modes for file and Playing Now views.
6. Changed: Theater View information panel has tighter vertical spacing.
7. Changed: Tuned sizing used in Theater View information panel.
8. Changed: 'Park' and 'Back' roller item in default Theater View navigation only shows when backing out with the left arrow; roller scrolling is undone when unfocusing the roller.
9. Fixed: With some non-default double-click modes, double-clicking in a playlist could reset the scroll position to the playing track.

13.0.150 (04/10/2009)

1. Changed: Theater View's file info panel shows the playback display (picture-in-picture) any time the playing file is selected instead of only doing so in Playing Now.
2. Changed: Theater View's file info panel also shows in thumbnail file lists.
3. Changed: The full resolution image is used (loaded in background thread) when showing Theater View's file info panel.
4. Changed: Reflections in Theater View's file info panel could overlap above the reflection plane.
5. Fixed: Obsidian Theater View skin could have slight visual banding in the background.
6. Changed: Improved support for waking from standby for television recording, and added logging to better track standby / wake actions.
7. Fixed: Holding down Enter key on a selected file in Video library would cause MC to crash.
8. Changed: When exiting Theater View, when reentering it no longer selects the last button, which was "Exit".
9. Changed: If television recordings exist in the library, Theater View's Television view will start with the 'Recordings' page instead of the 'Guide' page.
10. NEW: Theater View file menus are replaced with a new roller (and popup dialog when necessary) system.
11. NEW: Theater View file info panel shows metadata like actors, producers, description, etc. for movies.
12. Fixed: When navigating back from the top roller in Theater View, the animation could hiccup during the transition.
13. Fixed: Theater View on screen keyboard could use too few rows on large displays.
14. Changed: Theater View file info panel uses smoother animations.

13.0.149 (04/07/2009)

1. Fixed: Theater View file info panel could cause a crash in some cases.
2. Optimized: Improved threading of Theater View file info panel.
3. Changed: Reworded the message shown when running a second instance of Media Center when the first instance can't be shown due to it being in a different user account, etc.
4. Fixed: Disabling the link bar in Options > General > Advanced > Features could cause library views to crash.
5. Changed: The Send To > Playlist menu no longer caps at showing only the first 500 playlists.
6. NEW: Added expanded option to control Media Center and Media Server startup with Windows (Options > Startup > Windows Startup).
7. Optimized: The Audio Analyzer is more intelligent about what files it resamples for analysis so that 48 KHz and 32 KHz material analyzes faster.
8. Fixed: MPL import of CD / DVD files did not work nicely.
9. Fixed: Creation / rename of a folder in My Computer did not update the user interface right away.

13.0.148 (04/06/2009)

1. Fixed: It was not possible to manually skip recording of a single episode of a television subscription in some cases.
2. NEW: Added an option for television subscriptions to require an exact match of the name. (so a subscription to 'Lost' won't record 'Lost in Space')
3. NEW: Added preset "DLNA (Philips NP2500, etc.)" to UPnP server to make serving to DLNA devices easier.
4. NEW: Added option: Options > Theater View > Behavior > Pause video playback when entering Theater View.
5. Fixed: The "Delete" right-click option would not always show up for files on a drive-style handheld.
6. NEW: Revised Theater View's Playing Now to show the current playback display in place of the large 3D image. (only shown when the display is something other than just cover art)
7. Fixed: Failed television recording could prevent system from going into sleep mode.
8. Fixed: Translation could cause the Media Library portion of the Quick Play feature to not work nicely.

13.0.147 (04/02/2009)

1. Changed: In DirectShow video playback, code for setting audio volume is moved to a worker thread.

13.0.146 (04/01/2009)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of creating / refershing a column-style list.
2. Changed: Renamed "PSP" video conversion profile to "MPEG-4" in handheld options.
3. Changed: Added a more descriptive label to the handheld options sync list.
4. Changed: When manually removing a file from a handheld transfer that was included as part of the sync, a warning will be shown.
5. Changed: Pressing page up / page down (channel buttons on MCE remote) with Theater View focused on a roller above a list, the command will route to the list.
6. NEW: A debugging tool, "Copy television related filter info to clipboard" button, on TV settings dialog window.
7. NEW: Options > General > Advanced > Clear recent playlists now allows: Remove old tracks (default), Remove all tracks, Leave all tracks.
8. Changed: Simplified Theater View scrollbar skinning. (see included skins for an example)
9. Changed: New Improved Theater View Playing Now.
10. Changed: Theater View fades in from black when first loading.
11. Changed: MP4 amd M4V video types are now separated from other Quicktime types.
12. Fixed: Minor logging bug in television code.

13.0.145 (03/30/2009)

1. NEW: Movie entries in My Movies that are individual files are imported from My Movies xml data, in addition to ripped DVDs in VIDEO_TS folders.
2. Changed: Director field is changed to list type.
3. Changed: Improved handling of some WinTV PVR series analog TV tuners (such as PVR 150), so that it will work even if "WinTV Color Format Converter" fails to load.
4. NEW: System sleep is disabled during television recording.
5. NEW: Media Center will wake the computer from sleep for scheduled television recordings.
6. NEW: Shutting down the computer while Media Center is recording, burning, ripping, etc. will display a warning (and also a Vista / Windows 7 'shutdown blocking reason').
7. Fixed: Hauppauge HVR-1300 (Hauppauge WinTV 88x Video Capture) television tuner device did not work.
8. Changed: MC will reload television tuner lists every time the user goes to Options/Settings... to configure television, so that any usb tuner devices that are plugged in after MC has been started will be picked up.
9. Fixed: Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250 (Hauppauge WinTV-7164 Analog Capture) television tuner devices did not work.
10. NEW: Resource.xml can create keyboard shortcuts (and global keyboard shortcuts) that run programs. ( http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts )
11. Changed: Updated internal APE decoding to use Monkey's Audio 4.07 (prerelease) SDK which has a few fixes for handling of corrupt files.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Media Center 13.0.152 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 05:37:09 pm »

Probably nothing related to this build, but there's a little tooltip/mouseover occlusion trouble.  See image.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Bonex

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 09:35:57 am »

Now it works. Thank you very much for providing a new build so fast! ;D

BTW what's the difference between the playback options for "DVD Video (ifo, vob)" and "DVD Video (dvdvideodisc)" under Other? This second one seems to do nothing.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:05:04 am »

Probably nothing related to this build, but there's a little tooltip/mouseover occlusion trouble.  See image.

I don't think a window can ever be on top of the mouse.  The tree in Windows Explorer does the same thing -- shows a full length tooltip, and the mouse can be on top of it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:16:07 pm »

I don't think a window can ever be on top of the mouse.  The tree in Windows Explorer does the same thing -- shows a full length tooltip, and the mouse can be on top of it.

I was thinking the tip could be always offset from the mouse.  It seems that sometimes it is correct, and other times it appears under the mouse.  I suppose this is a silly Windows tooltip issue like the stupid Windows clock tooltip that routinely appears under the taskbar!?  Msoft has known about this bug for 8 years, and has done nothing about it.  Shesh.

Anyway, just thought I'd ask about it.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

raldo

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 05:24:59 pm »

o Theaterview
o Audio view scheme
o Bring up an album so that the songs are listed on the left side, info panel on the right side
o In the top roller, Move to playing now.
->
o The selection junps to some previous selection, or playing now acts weirdly. Even if you haven't selected playing now.

Can you reproduce this?

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 04:26:13 am »

MediaCenter crashes when i use Drives & Devices \ My Computer to search for folders or files.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2009, 05:01:26 am »

Also, Theater View, using Obsidian (though the same with all the "new style" Theater View skins):

- Showroom allows you to select "Toggle List Style", which is really meaningless for Showroom, and it corrupts the display.

- if you do "left" from the playing now list, it takes you to an empty button between "back" and "reshuffle". Clicking it takes you to "Playing now" on the line above. Clicking that "Playing Now" actually causes it to do reshuffle!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2009, 05:33:39 am »

MediaCenter crashes when i use Drives & Devices \ My Computer to search for folders or files.
Please start a new thread.  It's not a common problem.  Try the "Stability" link in my signature for ideas.

Lobotom1

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 05:55:28 am »

Hi,

While trying to add podcast that works on other application I got an error with J river mediacenter which is the following :

XML field error: feed tag =rss value=

Here is one of the address to subscribe to this podcast.

http://podcasting.rtbf.be/media/radio/podcast/alacarte/alacarte.xml?th=22|8&key=

Any Idea?

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 05:14:38 am »

I don't know if this has been posted about before, but there is a random bug in the Search box, where clicking somewhere on the Search box sometimes places the carat in an abnormal place and does not allow any text to be entered (i.e. search doesn't work).  It can be worked around by clicking on the Search box again to move the carat back into the correct position, but this is a bug I've experienced for many builds now and thought I would bring up.

coolppl

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 06:27:39 am »

In Theater view,File into is displayed untidily because of so many items in it.
for example since the file path is long mostly it is so messy in view.
Can I choose file infos in theater view at my option?

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 08:27:11 am »

Select multiple playlists

Right click one of them.
->Appears to switch to only the right clicked one selected.
->Shows 'Menu only available for single selection'.

Clicking somewhere else reveals that multiple playlists are still selected.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 04:07:16 pm »

Hi,

While trying to add podcast that works on other application I got an error with J river mediacenter which is the following :

XML field error: feed tag =rss value=

Here is one of the address to subscribe to this podcast.

http://podcasting.rtbf.be/media/radio/podcast/alacarte/alacarte.xml?th=22|8&key=

Any Idea?

That particular server fails if you specify "Content-Type: text/xml" in the request header.

I've never seen another server have this problem.  We're investigating as to how to best handle it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 04:07:52 pm »

I don't know if this has been posted about before, but there is a random bug in the Search box, where clicking somewhere on the Search box sometimes places the carat in an abnormal place and does not allow any text to be entered (i.e. search doesn't work).  It can be worked around by clicking on the Search box again to move the carat back into the correct position, but this is a bug I've experienced for many builds now and thought I would bring up.

Can you figure out a way to make it happen?  Like clicking in a particular spot?  Thanks.

echamp1

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 08:58:36 pm »

I'll keep an eye on how it happens next time, it's so random for me that I've never pinpointed it before.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2009, 11:22:22 am »

When you return to the root menu of Theater View skins based on "Base 1.xml", the old non-roller method, it always selects the top item ("Audio") rather then the last one selected.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 06:27:45 pm »

The File Info panel is nice, but takes up too much space. Can its size be adjusted in the skin xml?

Now that touchscreen users can flick through pages like an iPhone, can it work with rollers too?

After selecting a Theater View root item, the focus is on the View Type roller, even if you only have 1 view type. Could there be an option to put focus on the first item so you can immediately start browsing files?

y2skippy

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:31 pm »

None of the settings are being saved when I exit from either the standard install or the portable install though my library and tags are saved.  For example, the external programs I add are not there when I close and reopen Media Center.  Other examples are the startup location and Auto Import Folders and check box options.

I did a fresh install of 13.0.152 and added the files from scratch - this was not an upgrade or a library restore.  The custom View I created did save...  I am running Windows Vista x64.

Modified...
After a good nights sleep, I decided to "Run as Administrator" and the settings saved.  Even when I run as a regular user the changes are there now.

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 12:01:59 am »

I believe I'm getting a memory leak when playing audio via theater view.  I was noticing some skipping and playback problems... and my system eventually rebooted itself.  So I started playback again and watched my page file usage go from 350mb to 3.2gb over the course of about 3 hours.  Only MC is running with the "playing now" theater view screen (obsidian).  I ran the same test with standard view and page file usage was stable for 3 hours.  Anyone else experience this?  I am unsure if this is specific to build 152 as this is the first time I played audio with theater view running.
Pages: [1]   Go Up